Washington Flyfishing - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-19-2000, 08:57 AM

Washington Flyfishing

Juro, I bet you will be watering at the mouth on this one. I will be in Seattle 8/7-8/10 and want to fish on the 8/11 throught the 8/12. I would like to go trout fishing, maybe the Yakima. Where should I go, and does anyone know any good guides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2000, 06:52 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Washington Flyfishing

The Yak is a blue ribbon stream, and there are a number of other opportunities like Lake Lenore that offer unique opportunities for trophy fish.

The Deschutes is a great option too, both summer run steelhead and redsides around.

There are numerous rivers around to try, each a jewel in it's own right. There are literally rivers everywhere and all beautiful clear glacial flows with plenty of fish.

But my mouth waters for steelhead and salmon - and there will be plenty around that time of year. That might be an alternative to chasing trout?
Old 06-20-2000, 09:56 AM
Recent Member

There are a few of us who can help if not accompany you when you get out here. Might be the perfect time to skate some flies on the Sky! If you want guide info or general info on the entire area call the boys at Creekside Angling Company in Issaquah (425-392-3800). Hugh and Pete own the place and have drawn a bevy of the best fishermen and guides around. Drop a line anytime (no pun intended)! Sinktip and I don't need much of an excuse to get out...

Dave
Old 06-23-2000, 03:03 PM

Oh so very jealous!

Some of my favorites include:

The Yakima near Wymer

There's a fly fishing only lake off route 503 near Cougar that has a great hex hatch that may be around then. Sorry I can't remember the name but the locals should know it - bring a float tube.

Rocky Ford creek

Tilton River

Some second choices:

Mineral lake

Skookumchuck River

The Snoqualmie River above the falls

The Washington Deschutes (I don't know if Juro was talking about this one or the better known one in Oregon. It's better known for good reason.)

I've also found the silvers to be agreeable at that time of year around the mouth of the Nisqually, the Tacoma Narrows, and in the Hood Canal around Bangor and Brinnon.

Good luck and I look forward to your report.

Gregg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.