Fly Fishing Forum banner

Easter trout

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DEERHAAWK 
#1 ·
Friday I went home for the weekend for Easter. I went out and pitched some streamers friday evening. With the air temperature at a brisk 33 degrees, the trout fishing was hot. I landed 5 chunky rainbows on marabou leech patterns in only an hour. The stream I fish gets heavy fishing pressure and with no significant spawn, they are dependant on stocking. Since stocking ended in September I am targeting the holdovers that actually act like real trout :) . I also went out yesterday before the easter dinner, and despite the turbid water from the spring run-off, I landed 3 nice rainbows on a grey zonker pattern. Simple pleasures of life.

Travis

#2 ·
YEA!

Rivers were all blown out here in the N.W. (8" of rain in the coast range, 2+" in the valley) on Easter. Glad that Mr. Bunny was good to you Travis! I sure could go for a "Chunky" Bow right now, but the weather gurus are calling for more rain and up to 2' of snow in the Cascades :whoa:
But we need it to come back from this dry spell.
Deerhawk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.