TFO rods? - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 03:41 PM

TFO rods?

I was wondering if anyone has any experince w/ the TFO rod especially the heavier weight models 10, 11, 12 wt rods? How they casts? Did you like em? Good buy? What you thought overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2005, 04:18 PM

The TFO TiCr X series of rods cast and fish equally to any other rod on the market. Their workmanship is also outstanding. On Dan Blanton's web site you will find many, many favorable comments on all of the TFO rods >8wt. A friend of mine is getting rid of his Winstons and replacing virtually his entire arsenal of single handed 8-12 wt rods with the TFO's (three of Lefty's signature series and one 'X'). The warranty is outstanding as well.

Mike at the Red Shed Fly Shop (www.redshedflyshop.com) is now a TFO dealer, a sponsor of this site, and hands down offers the best customer service in the business. Send him an e mail and I'm sure he can hook you up with what you are looking for.

Great buy and performance at any price.

Chris
Old 03-08-2005, 05:10 PM

TFO

I have a 12, its a strong stick and maybe the best for the money. The only thing I do not like about it is that it does not have a fore grip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.