Dream days - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

View Poll Results: What's your dream day of foshing
A perfect day on my home waters 7 25.93%
A nice day on new waters 3 11.11%
Any day on exotic or famous waters 2 7.41%
Any day on any water 15 55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 11:48 AM

Question Dream days

(Sorry for the typo in the poll question)

As we're getting hit by another storm and cabin fever is reaching the 104 degree mark, how about some dreams. (I know there are many of you fishing, year round, just bear with us poor souls how have to shovel a path to get to the tying stuff in the garage)

Dream days, ... What is your "perfect" day. Is it a dream day on your home waters, a nice day on new waters or any day on exotic/famous waters ??

Mine would be on my home waters (as I'm not an adventerous type). Settle into the bench on #24, spot a nice Salmo salar lazing behind the rocks. My girlfriend lays out a nice moderate sized streamer and BOOM, she connects. That's my dream day.

How about you ??

Last edited by fcch; 03-01-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2005, 01:27 PM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Location: York-Dartmouth-St-Jean-Cap-Chat-Madeleine-Pabos-Grande-Rivière
Hi Sir,
Here too in Gaspé....... Snow Snow!!

Hmmmmm?? I would swing a big, fat sloppy looking No 2 white Muddler over that pool!!

Thanks I needed that, now I feel better!!

A...
Old 03-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Fly chucker

In general, any day on the water for me is a dream day.

No exaggeration.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:33 PM

Thumbs up

Ann,

Ah , ... genius's think alike ... Renée was swinging a White Rabbit strip muddler at a pod of bruisers.

We were rotating, between 30 minute breaks. I was trying smaller (#12) low water stuff, ... nothing moved. and that in mid August in low water!!!

Renée came very close to connecting with her very first Salmon. Just missed a tad on the swing speed (IMO).

Guess where we're going to be on St-Jean B holiday ??
Old 03-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Jolly Buddha

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dble Haul
In general, any day on the water for me is a dream day
Me too!

THE NEWER CHIEF of E.P.

Real Steelhead Don't Eat Pellets!!
Old 03-01-2005, 04:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Nooksack Mac
Is the grass/water greener?

Like most of us, I suspect, I love to fish famous and/or pristine waters in distant, storied lands. And I'd do a lot more of it, if I could afford to. Despite a lack of familiarity with affluence, I've managed to fish for trout and salmonoids from Virginia to Scotland to southern Oregon to northern British Columbia.

Nevertheless, my choice was for a great day on a local water. First, it's a validation of my choice of residence, which was heavily influenced by angling opportunities. A lot of angling is done in the mind, and when circumstances keep me city-bound, it's nice to think that I'm just 90 minutes from the Skagit or the North Stilly, or a few hours from the lakes of the Okanogan interior. Secondly, a great day on a local water is the more pleasant for the realization that I may duplicate it next week or next year. If I had a perfect day in Patagonia, it would be made bittersweet by the knowledge that I could never do it again.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
There's just something about being on my old familiar fishing waters that really makes me feel great. The nostalgic feeling it gives me is second to none.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:17 AM

any day on open water would be a dream right now, in fact I WAS dreaming of a day on the water last night....and the night before....and the night before
Old 03-02-2005, 11:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaq
any day on open water would be a dream right now, in fact I WAS dreaming of a day on the water last night....and the night before....and the night before
I had a weird fishing dream the other night. I was fly fishing and caught what looked like an 8" koi (huh?), and when I took it out of the water to unhook it, it turned out to be a rat with a fish tail and it tried to bite me! (double huh?) I don't know exactly what it means except that I need to go fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:27 PM

For me it is far away destinations. Myself and new family will be leaving in the next 2 to3 years on a round the world sail for 3 to 4 years. My day dreaming is in full gear of fishing flats that have rarely or never been fished in the out reaches of the Pacific and Indian Oceans. I have a vivid image of taking our sloop through a deep cut in desolate reef, finding good anchorage and setting out in the tender to sand flats for miles on end. I was lucky to do a lot of this in the early 70's and I want to go back for more. This time though I will be fully ready as we know more what lurks on flats throughout the warm water world. Also of towing a heavy hand line with surgical tube disk brake and a medium sized skirt on a broad reach at 8 knots and a following sea for Mahi Mahi. What better dinner than fresh fish 7 days or more from any land destination. My biggest hope through it all is that I will still be able to combine the fishing with a little surfing. Nothing big and hollow anymore just nice head high and perfectly clear, warm water reefs few if any have ever surfed before.

Now that we have made the commitment every day has become fun again, even work seems fun to do but the day dreaming of things to come is awsome!
Old 03-03-2005, 07:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to Skilly Send a message via Yahoo to Skilly
dare I say

I will take any day or even just the last three on the Cow I would go hide in a snow bank, but somehow Southern Cal sent their weather up to us. So I will just hide in the bushes.

Skilly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.