Wilmington, Ma show, 03/12-13 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2005, 07:23 PM

Wilmington, Ma show, 03/12-13

Seems I read one of the threads which I can't find now, that some of you were going to have a booth at the Wilmington Mass show March 12 & 13th. Do you have a booth number or booth name you can give us so I can stop by? Thanks, Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2005, 10:12 AM

I see the FF Forum is on the official exhibitors list for the show. The web site is HERE

I have the white plastic tables just 2 miles from the premises. Say the word and I can bring them over.

Lefty
Old 02-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Don't know how I missed this one... probably on the road that day.

YES! We have a booth this year. Please stop by!!

We are in the planning stages now.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 02-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Flats Rat

I plan to be there Saturday and all day Sunday - planning to stay over Saturday.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:50 PM
President of CAC

I will be there as well all day both days.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:51 AM

John,

Are you going to have a book signing on your first draft notes at the show?
Old 03-01-2005, 10:27 AM
President of CAC

Ray... sure ...... for you I will give you one of the pages... actually, I am just finishing the Middle ages... I wonder what a surprise it will be to discover that fly fishing actually may have started in salt water.

Last edited by striblue; 03-01-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

John -

Ironically I put something about the history in a what is flycasting? entry for single hand for the Art of Casting section (not completed yet)... does your research pre-date Macedonia in the 3rd Century?
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum

Last edited by juro; 03-01-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
President of CAC

My history starts 9000 years ago ...native Americans... also Egypt...2000BC.... It covers, Homer, Plutarch, Plato, Aristotle, Theoctritus, Oppian, Martial, Aelian (Macedon).... then into Alfric, Chineses, Japanese--- early German and Swiss... then into England with the" Treatise".... point being that early fishing is saltwater , at least from some evidence, folf lore and other methods...But only to the effect of Salt water references and arguments. Saltwater did take hold earlier in England than most have written- Pre-1850..... 1600's in Virginia... (5 years after the founding of Jamestown)....This covers the fly as "artificial bait"... not just cast with a rod. ( Casting was done way back- but once again, is really described more by the writers after Berners (Treatise)..into, Mascal, throuh Barker... then to Walton.... all these writings... since they survived and were done in many editions laid the foundation of the "sactified" trout and salmon and resulted... as you will see to salt water...or Sea fishing being religated to a back seat... But!... always with us...just not written about much for many reasons. Not being a Historian..I will not go that far and let the reader decide...but I would say that seeking food for sustinence before sport.... salt water seems to reign... but I would safely say that both salt and fresh "may" have started at around the same time. But... the early Greeks felt that the fresh waters were God's country... and they refrained for fishing (early in Greek history) and sought food from the Aegian sea... Early Eqyptian's refraned from artificial baits for religious reasons as well....although early Herogliphics may say otherwise in later Dynasties.... you will see later. I will try to approach yhis as a Historian..that being said... there are no "definites". My Bibliograph has reached about 100 books... I also read the actual early Greek works word for word-the translations that isl . I am doing this to check my other sites I might borrow from other early writers... I have found predudices ( see Hill's early History of the Trout) of authors all the way up to Woolner. This section of the book along with figures, etc may reach 200 or 250 printed pages., then the classic flies, then the "new Directions...---- with a Juro "Deep Eel" eel in the mix. P> Thanks to some on this board... Flytyer has tyed some Ritz SW flies and some Gordon Bumble Puppies for us.... Leland M. is helping out also...we also have some old flies being donated , like some Chase flies from Tabory, and some tyed by Courchaine... Pete Jenkins (Saltwater Edge) may do some as well as Jim from Firefly... Mike Martinek is tying no just his but is doing some early Steven's SW bucktails and the Oasak Weedless bucjtail. Stack Scoville has tied all 6 early Gresh Bonefish flies and Ken Bay has tied all of Elizabeth Greig flies... Cam Sigler is sending early Bill Gallasch flies and lefty Kreh is loaning us some as well. After I get back from Manchester and the URI, I will have more sources. Al Brewster, Stu Apte, Bill Curtis, Steve Raymond, Steve Huff, Bill catherwood, Edson Leonard... and approximatly 50 others are sending flies in... just got a great selection from Dick Brown the other day. Those we don't get we will tye.... It's a Threefer...the history, the classic flies and then the new stuff... even Scott Sparrow from the Texas Gulf coast and Horsley from the Mid-atlantic.

Last edited by striblue; 03-01-2005 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.