the NotAFly - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Warmwater flyfishing Bass, pike and even muskies in your backyard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2001, 04:51 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:the NotAFly

Sounds great! I have some great news coming re: the Housatonic this spring/summer... I'll fill you in as soon as I can! (sorry about the vagueness for the moment)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2001, 08:26 PM

Juro,
The Housatonic Fly Fishermans Association show and banquet is on 17-Mar-01 at the Hawthorne Inn in Berlin, CT. I will be going to the show, but not staying for the banquet. The show will starts in the morning runs all day. If you want to go, we can arrange to meet and go together. Just let me know.

Greg
Old 02-24-2001, 11:44 PM

Greg
The area by the drive in is one that I alway skipped because of the proverbial "Cars in the parking lot syndrome". It sounds like I should have stopped. Salmon Brook is another of those old stomping grounds.

Juro

Some other links to the area.
<!--http--><a href="http://www.geocities.com/fvtu/tuhome.htm" target="_blank">Farmington Valley Trout Unlimited Chapter</a><!--url-->

<!--nohttp--><a href="http://www.homestead.com/nwtu/" target="_blank">Northwestern Trout Unlimited Chapter</a><!--url-->

The Housatonic Fly Fishermans Association web site no longer exists, or I haven't found the right Url yet.

There are also a number of small streams and ponds that are lesser known and offer good fishing in the region between the Farmington & Housatonic. I can't remember any of them by name but in a car I could find them.

Knowing that the Naugatuck river flows through Watertown CT, it would be interesting to hear Steve Yoos opinions on the brood stock salmon fishery in it.

It amazes and gives me hope for other waters that the Naugatuck river is clean enough to be able to fish in. For about a year and a half in the mid 80's I drove a truck delivering milk throughout that river valley and observed the river daily. I may be exagerating but my memory is of a river that was a different color depending on where you were and on what got dumped in it recently. It was a disgusting river back then.
Old 02-25-2001, 01:08 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Greg, pls drop me an email at juro@flyfishingforum.com.

Thanks,

Juro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.