Another good Largemouth, out with the boy - Fly Fishing Forum
Warmwater flyfishing Bass, pike and even muskies in your backyard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-27-2000, 10:24 PM

Another good Largemouth, out with the boy

When I post here it's usually because I've been out with one of my kids spinfishing. They always get plenty of Sunnys and I try to toss something at least artificial. Last Sat. was the same. My son and I were visiting the father in law. He told me to bring some rods so I did. Right near his house in Peabody is a nice quarry-esque hole over 60 feet deep, crystal clear. Drops right off at a 40 degree angle at the shore. We rowed around and caught many sunnys and I got a good 10" LArgemouth. On the way in I got a big 3.5 to 4 lb LArgie. That's my 2nd lunker this year. Still need a 6 weight to attack this fishery with!

TerryW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2000, 09:58 AM

RE:Another good Largemouth, out with the boy

Uh Terry - buddy. I've got the 6 weight and you seem to find the largemouth - what a combo!

Or maybe I can just borrow your son as a good luck icon?
Old 06-28-2000, 11:16 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I was telling Roop the other day how my daugther did with a popper on Spy Pond in Arlington one summer day, before we moved out to Seattle so she was very young.

Anyway, I put a popper on the line and had her reel it in. I told her it was a puppet, and if she pulled it it would pop, gurgle, twitch and splash. Here she was having a grand time playing with the puppet when the lilly pads started to quiver, the water became unsettled and out from the depths came a huge largemouth bass. It exploded on her little water puppet and scared the ever-living crap out of her! She was horrified.

Bad daddy forgot to tell her that a big green scary ugly fish with red eyes and a mouth like a bucket was going to come kill her puppet! Ooops!
Old 06-29-2000, 12:26 AM

Forgot to mention, this Largie took 2 splendid shots out of the water about 2 feet high! that's something I miss with Stripers. Bluefish go airborne sometimes too. It shocked me cause my line was tangled in my sons line and as I was trying to untangle (quiet Roop) I see this thing go up..wow!

Terry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.