Atlantis full length lines - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2005, 03:54 PM

Atlantis full length lines

Early last spring there was talk of one of the line manufacturers producing a 120' or better length line designed for the CND Atlantis ,has this ever materialized?The only line I 've seen coming close to this is the scientific anglers mastery striped bass line in the 12 wt ,is this the line or is there something else out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Funny you should ask... in addition to the ones we've discussed a lot on the site..

Tim Rajeff is putting the finishing touches on a line specifically geared toward two-handers, and it fits the Atlantis like a glove. The head weighs about 560 grains and the taper is such that it feels like butter on the Atlantis, super aerodynamic and the running line lays down like an obedient dog in the stripping basket.

I will have it at Somerset and Wilmington... and I will have it at South Beach in May

Come try it at any of these places!
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 01-28-2005, 06:41 PM

That's great news Juro,I look forward to seeing you and the new line in Wilmington.I missed most of you guys in Marlboro I got there early and left early to beat the arrival of the 3 plus ft of snow we recieved in mashpee.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:43 PM

Juro a quick question what will the line be avalible in,floating ,or just subsurface?
Old 01-28-2005, 07:58 PM

My dealer spoke with Tim last week and was told the new lines will be ready to ship arround Feb 1, 2005 and the dealers should have them by mid Feb.

I believe AirFlo will have two lines for the Atlantis, Intermediate and Type 6 Sinking. Juro, is this your understanding?

"South Beach in May" ??--- is this a mini clave for the CND rods???

Regards,
Fred Krow
Old 01-28-2005, 10:34 PM

Thumbs up

Fred -

We usually kick off the spring with a clave on Cape Cod each year. last year was a doozie, several hours of catchin' and the two-hander was of definite advantage with a stiff south (lefty's) wind and most fish running 100ft or more from shore.

Keep an eye open for announcements, we get a smokin' pre-season deal and have a cookout, good gang and great fishing.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:50 PM

Thumbs up

The new Airflo beach lines come in clear intermediate on sky blue running line, and tungsten fast sink rated di-9 on the same running line. These new lines are made to launch but have a wonderful loop control you'd expect from Tim Rajeff, use an amazing low-stretch running line that lays down very nicely and come in 150ft lengths for two-handed cast distances. The running line alone will be available pre-looped so you can use any airflo multi-head shooting heads, custom build floating banger launchers, etc.

For floating there are many options e.g. the Rio Windcutter with mid section removed, casts express to the backing when I tried it. Exchangeable tips too. I am anxious to try Rio's new Skagit lines for river angling with this rod or tight quarters with spey casts.

The triangle tapers are great on it in a 12wt, and Wulff is selling shooting heads separately in 12wt this year. The Hardy Mach one 10/11 provides a longer short-spey taper option that matches nicely especially for the flatwing style. I liked the SA 12wt intermediate on it, nice taper.

But these new airflos are all business on the beach. It's gonna be a good year for two-handers if you ask me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.