Eastern Canada - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 09:02 PM

Good advice

I just want to thank everyone who has helped me on this vacation. This forum is great. I am still thinking about my original plan and looking at Newfoundland. I want to tie up this trip in january so if you still have any new suggestions on Newfoundland please post. Jerry the lost steelheader.
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2005, 08:27 AM

As I am a first timer too, I would love to see the pics. Could you send it to me when you send it to Jerry? Thanks in advance.

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2005, 05:30 PM

Hey Wetfly, I am from NFLD and fish for Atlantics on the big rivers in Newfoundland. I usually fish the exploits river, averege size fish is 4-5lbs with 10-15% are large 10 - 15 lbs. This is probobly the best river in nfld but the salmon are not as big as the Humber or the Eagle. The peak season is the first week in july, this pretty much the same for all rivers in NFLD, with the exception of the west coast and labrador. August is the best time for the lower humber where u will find the biggest fish, average 8-20lbs If I were u i would book a trip to labrador for Mid July. Go to the Eagle river if you want to fish big water, go to the Flowers if you want to fish med size river. Email me if u need more info, my fishing buddy is a guide and could show u around the exploits. You will need a registered guide if you want to fish in NFLD with the exception of 800 meters below or above a highway where u can fish without a guide. A lot of spots on the lower humber are withing this range where the river flows parallel to highway one. This is definitly the spot u want to go in august and september. Exploits in early july, gander in mid to late july and early august.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.