FOX seeks fly fisherman and family for reality program - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2004, 08:20 PM

FOX seeks fly fisherman and family for reality program

FOX and Rocket Science Laboratories are searching for a fly fisherman with a fun family to participate on one of our family reality series.

We seek married couples with children over the age of 5. The show is a great experience for the whole family. Families chosen for the show receive $50,000.

Please contact Matt Silverberg at 323-802-0643 or msilverberg@rocketsciencelabs.com if you or anyone you know may be interested. Please feel free to pass this information along to anyone you know.

Thanks very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2004, 01:11 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Is this a dream job or what?

Matt, thanks for asking I am sure you will get calls from us!!
Old 12-25-2004, 01:34 AM
President of CAC

What about a "Flyfishing Survivor Show".... Fishing and camping though a region... most or biggest fish score.... 4 man teams....
Old 12-25-2004, 09:17 AM

as ratings plumet on "The Boring Life", the producer makes the call: while the self absorbed sportsman is out of the house early, a Brad Pitt lookalike cleans the house and gives the neglected missus back rubs. Sparks fly when the Husband finds out what's been going on and grouses that Brad has misplaced the hackle pliers when he was dusting. When the Flyfisherman doesn't notice that the missus ran off with Brad weeks earlier, the producer has a rude and crude John Belushi look alike move into the house. The Flyfisherman is happy that no one is cleaning up his tying table. In the season fianle the Flyfisherman is pelted with eggs and ridiculed publicly by everyone he knows. Oh, and the wife and Brad get the 50 large. The show flops. The flyfisherman is happy to find that John Belushi has a boat and knows the coast like the back of his hand. They become fishing buddies.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Flats Rat

I like the "survivor" idea but maybe combined with the "great race" in a flyfishing only tournament.

Twelve anglers start out in NYC with $100, no equipment and instructions to get to Alaska and land three species of Pacific salmon on fly. Last man to score gets eliminated. Next its its off to the Bahamas for a Grand slam, then Mongolia for Taimen and on around the world - a different challenge unique to each geography until there are only two anglers left standing.

The question is what would be the ultimate challenge and where would it be staged?
Old 12-25-2004, 12:24 PM

"John" and the estranged husband meet for an early outing on a pea soup morning to fish the airport flats. Navigating by sense of smell and GPS, they make their way. The sound of jets screaming overhead remind them of the days when they were just 40-something worker bees in the ratrace as they quietly motor ahead with the heavy salt air in their faces.

Suddenly a very strange boom and flash light the foggy sky, and a private jet plumets into the brine. Putting all danger aside, they hit the throttle to find twisted fragments of smoking metal and articles of luggage floating about, noticing the prevalence of brightly colored womens apparel in the water.

There - a blonde, waving her arms! And a brunette over there, next to the redhead! It's the new England Patriots Cheerleaders on their way to a playoff game. Luckily due to the low-altitude and air speed during landing approach the impact was low and vixens survived with minor cuts and bruises.

The anglers were given a heros' welcome, free tickets to the 50 yard line at the superbowl, interviews on Letterman, and it's rumored that they are seen discreetly out about town with a blonde and brunette whenever the Pats are in town.

Brad empties the ex's bank account of the 50k's and runs off with the redhead. In an ironic twist of fate the three men meet again on a triple cheerleader date and shake hands saying all is forgiven. They share a few drinks and book a trip to Cabo to chase roosterfish while the girls are on the road, they will hook up in Jacksonville in Feb.

But they will not be alone... as the ex-returns!

tune in next week...
Old 12-26-2004, 12:58 AM
President of CAC

"Eco Challege flyfishing"....I would do it only if we were sponsored by Ex-officio, Abel, Seamaster... and Winston.... think about all the great equipement we get for free.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:27 AM
brookie! where?

Send a message via AIM to SDHflyfisher Send a message via MSN to SDHflyfisher
what if one of the kids in the family fly fishes?

http://www.danica.com/flytier/shansen/shansen.htm
Old 12-31-2004, 11:36 AM

Angry 50.000?

how about a man who had a twenty year career,business,then one sunday morning he saw a show about flyfishing for steelhead,a quarry he'd chased with bait all his life,the old `hippy' guide on the show had the water/timing/fish down pat,after the famous guests or`high mucky's' attempted to hook up with their patterns,he opened his fly box and=BAM!=multiple hookups/smilies,,,something inside the man watching changed,he had to try this aspect of the game,especially the smilies,before anyone knew what happened=BAM! ;he's on the cover of Sage Magazine!,just him and the water that washed away all his manmade hell,nothing else mattered but chasing the dream,nothing!,,,fifty grand!?,,,make it fifty million,cash!

Last edited by Hammer; 12-31-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:25 PM

Curiosity got the cat, I spoke with Matt today. This is for real BTW.

It's the trading spouses situation whereby the family they want to have be a swapee is a family where the dad is a flyfisherman. So Eddie was on track with his scenario, unless you would rather believe that they are looking for the articulate, environmentally aware C&R angler with meticulous attention to detail in tying and life alike verses the guy tying popsicles at the dining room table while watching the football game, feathers flying around the room and his waders hanging in the shower.

The 50 g's sure makes it tempting to find out - the resume is a video of your family explaining why you should get the cake. I would make a really good disfunctional flyfishing-obsessed dad to bring the cash flow into my family situation after the two weeks is over as long as my wife knew it was just an act (or is it?)
Old 01-01-2005, 01:08 AM

wifeswapping?

i dunno,i have enough problems with the one i have waiting two weeks for a hookup,and besides,I'm not enthralled with the way they intentionally pick folks from extremely different walks of life,and after watching a recent episode i see the wives get to choose where the penny's go,,=not even enough to buy a new inboard sledboat,while the company must make quite a profit from showing the world your mysery after pitting you against an adversarel counterpart,,nosir,,,,light all the candles you want honey; my fishing is MINE,unless you book a trip,let's see fiddy thou /divided by-----------------------
Old 01-13-2005, 11:57 AM
whatchuDewinWitatBuggywip

Send a message via AIM to TheSeph
sidebar.....

has anyone else seen the few adds of late for sport utility vehicles or cell phones and it will have some actor holding a fly rod 'fishing' with it?
The guy will be wading in a stream flinging the rod around with one hand and working the reel with the other
'Oh the Humanity!'...errr hilarity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.