You want to win Monomoy! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2004, 04:09 PM

You want to win Monomoy!

You are going to loose Monomoy if you fight it the conventional way. You must understand that those who do not want you going there and want this area as their own personal buffer for their expensive private property know exactly where they will be challenged and by whom. Believe me they are not too worried by a small to moderate group of fishermen and bird watchers. They got the money and legal brains to out reach you.

I look at it this way. The Cape has grown with leaps and bounds over the last 30 years. So many hard working people have retired there or moved there to work in some type of service industry mostly doing work for the the small percentage of the wealthy. They moved to the cape to bring up their families in a beautiful setting and to enjoy all the cape has to offer. Unfortunately they are scrambling so hard just to make ends meet they have on the most part forgotten about the Capes beauty and why they moved there. What you have to do is get more people involved across the entire cape not just your special intrest groups. You need to remind them why they chose to live on the cape in the first place. It will take an large angry crowd to stop those who want to stop you from enjoying your rights.

What you do is form a group to take back Cape Cod. That may sound too radical but you want the rich to listen to only thing they fear. You need to re-introduce the avearge person no matter what political party they come from that they are loosing the Cape. You need to notify citizens from Whareham to Ptown it's time to fight back. Start putting up posters on utility poles identifying the problems, all the problems and how the average guy is getting screwed. Put up signs along roadways with a website to go to to find out more. They may get taken down but keep putting them back up everywhere. Use Monomoy as your show case and how you want to push for a constitutional amendment to make all shore front property, (beaches below the high tide line) except town beaches public throughout MA. Hawaii did it and it is wonderful you can do it also, even if you don't you will scare those that need it. I don't know how many people live on the cape now but it sure is a lot more than when my family had a summer home there. I bet if you organize, use Monomoy as a center focus issue and that far more than Monomy needs attention as the people on the cape loose their rights to it's beauty you will get well over 2000 people interested right off the bat. Ya just got to remind everyone of why they live on the cape. Get town hall meetings in every town, find those who have the time to put the effort in, form a committy of citizens not special interest groups. Get your two thousand or more people and stage a protest in front of those who want to deny you your rights. Look, these people of wealth all over the cape play silent sleeze ball and I'm sure you are all well aware of it. All you have to do is be totally open on everything and the numbers will come into your favor but you got to have zeal and you got to be angry anymore, the only thing these people fear is an up rising of the average citizens. I'm sorry to say they have become very cocky over the years because no one really challenges them in a public way. The average citizen and plenty of loud voices is the answer. Without the outcry they will beat you at the goverment hearings and they will beat you in court.
Please think big on this one for everyone of you do not deserve what the rich shoreline home owners have in store for you.
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2004, 06:36 PM
President of CAC

OC... this group has it's plans.... And I am burned up about it.... We will use the press and the legacy that the national seashore was founded on... and I am talking about that Morris Island crowd...not the refuge people.... Certain Federal laws need to be studied... including the Anti-trust laws to name one. Maybe my old Law school classmate..John Kerry... same class and both on the BC Law Hockey team will lend an ear.... and watch the Democrats in action... this has potential to go way beyond the Chatham boarders... so they better BACK OFF! It would be no problem picketing on those peoples sacred grounds...on the public way.One day of that and the News will be all over the place. Keith has a great lawyer too. Phil Tracy, whom you might see ocasionally as the legal commentator on one of the Boston Channels...he is also a well known Dem as well. Phil was my best man at my wedding and I referred Keith to him. From this point on we should start using e-mails.... we have alot of questions..like this one!!!!!!!!!!Why is a swiss national having any say in how the US public can have access to the Seashore???And did her tearing down the home next to the refuge property have anything to do with "effecting" access?????It may be time soon to go public with these questions... dig deeper... would make a great press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2004, 08:02 AM

That a way John and all of you think big. The trend over the last 6 to 8 years has been that both small and large interest groups have gone nowhere fighting such interests the conventional ways. We have been villianized as selfish, even out here in the NW where we fight such wars all the time we have got nowhere fast. Even when we win one we eventually get nutralized in back room deals. The new trends in fighting this type of battle will bring in the general public and keeping interest groups low keyed. To do so you have to continuely remind the public that they are about to loose something they love. I'm sure that Monomoy is not the only place this is happening on the Cape, I'm sure access is an issue in many towns across the cape. Use them all in your cry for help and they will come. I hear there is a new article in the Nation this week on why we lost the enviro wars. I will read it tonight but I think that it will say much the same.
Best of luck to all of you.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris
I'll have to find that issue of The Nation and check it out. I have the hardest time keeping up with the weeklies during the holidays. BTW OC, What was the cover story of that issue?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:49 AM

Chris,
I think it was the week before Christmas. I read the article and it was not all that great. I am Nationed out at this time and just skim through them. Guess I'm tired of the liberals crying in their beer. I don't think they have the tough stuff in them it is going to take to beat the evil empire.

If you want really great reading on the enviro front check out Orion Magazine.
It is a magazine out of Western Ma. and is by far the leader in how to aproach politics and the envirnoment. It also has wonderful essays by such folks as David Duncan and Ted Williams. These are not your every day essays by these writers you will find in fly fishing magazines or out door life.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.