Just checking in - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2004, 11:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Morania
Just checking in

I had gotten started casting and found this forum. Got some good advice. Then we started haveing babies. After about two years of threatening to go fishing, I found a pond up in Maryland while I was at a seafarers school. (I'm still busy but found a break.) It was chock-a-block full of "sac au lait". They were a little slow from the cold but very coopertive. I was throwing my old faithful chartreuse gel grub on a long slim brass hook with a long piece of carbon for leader/tippet. Nothing fancy. Had a blast.
Glad to see there's a still place I can type this where someone might even care.
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2004, 09:57 AM

Arghh!!!! Avast ya Swab.

Between your attending "Seafarers School" and your Signature Statement I was wondering if you have a Black Beard and carry a Parrot on your shoulder?
I'm not sure what you were catching (sounds like something they make at Starbucks) but it sounds like you had a great time catching them. Just getting some time out and finding peace and quiet is the real challange most of us face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2004, 12:37 PM

Having babies

Raising kids is the only good excuse for not taking time out for fishing. As they get older, and, or course, are taught how to fly fish, it is vitally important for their proper education that they continue to learn on good, safe waters, and thus you need to spend more and more time researching out the best waters first by yourself or with fishing buddies. At least that's what my wife accepted as my excuse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.