Comments on the Scierra XDA fly line - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2001, 08:35 AM
Recent Member

Send a message via ICQ to Martin
Comments on the Scierra XDA fly line

"Built for extreme distance casting". Sounds pretty good...Has any of you used this fly line? Does it really have a 9,5 meter belly connected to a "long, thin, hard and slick running line"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2001, 05:07 PM
admin

Martin -

I am not familiar with that line... do you have a website or more information? I am very curious, it sounds like something I could use provided the joint between the running line and the head does not wear or delaminate.

thanks in advance,
Juro
Old 05-15-2001, 05:38 PM
Recent Member

Send a message via ICQ to Martin
Quote:
admin (05-15-2001 05:07 p.m.):
[...]

do you have a website or more information?

[...]
I know a person who has two friends using the Scierra XDA flyline. They're both quite satisfied with the casting performance of the flyline. I haven't been able to find any objective test of the flyline anywhere on the net, though.

Scierra Outdoor Company describes the XDA like this: "A genius flyline designed for casting farther than any other standard flyline on the market. The Scierra XDA line is built on a braided core with a coating especially formulated for the task. Basically the XDA is a perfectly balanced shooting head with a 9,5 meter belly connected to a long, thin, hard and slick running line giving excellent casting and shooting properties. The XDA is designed for long distance casting - therefore it holds a total length of 35 meter. The shooting head taper is developed for fast loading of the rod without a lot of line aerialised. The XDA is designed for distance casting on large rivers, stillwaters and for saltwater fishing - no matter you use a single or double handed rod."

I just ordered the XDA today, and hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

Best regards,

Martin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.