Bonefish Gear List - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

In the event we opt for the more ridiculous, the Nassau overnight is the opportunity for grocery shopping for the week. Since we are traveling inter-island on the other side of customs, anything we pick up at the grocery store in Nassau can come with us on the air-conditioned flight with no restrictions. This could include libations although there are bars at Pittstown Point and several restaurants in Landrail Point and we can buy our own Kaliks to keep cold in the cottage fridges.

Another alternative is to order fresh groceries for delivery to the destination by mail boat from Nassau in advance. Hylena offered to arrange all this and will put the food into the refrigerator when it arrives if we wish, very convenient. With $100 per head budget this should be more than we could need if we opt for this.

My plan would be:

Dry goods from the US - power bars, drink mixes, pilaf, pasta, spices, etc;
Fresh stuff from Nassau - veggies, lettuce, onions, fruit, etc;
Water and local seafood from the destination - grouper, wahoo, lobster tail, etc;

I will be getting a Bahamas license in Nassau for the purposes of keeping my 6 lobster per day.

We should plan on an island social on Tuesday and Friday night (leaving Sat AM) over at Pittstown or take the ferry over to Acklins ($4) and eat at the Acklins Lodge restaurant one day to break up the cooking duties.

It's entirely possible that we find a $6 per plate BBQ joint like Eddie and I did in Exuma that replaces all need for cooking, but I do want to broil split lobster tails and a grouper filet for two of the nights while there, eat at the local bonefish lodges for two other nights, leaving only three nights open for other options.

One of them could be a can of beef stew and toast for me, just like at home when the family is at the mall.

Another fun thing would be to put $20 into the bluewater lottery, and 2-3 winners will get to go out with a local charter for wahoo. The rest of us will have to hear the fish stories but we will eat like kings for the week. One wahoo would more than fill the missing dinners with primo broiled filet, we might not even be able to finish it.

like our own freakin reality show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.