Skookum Returns - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Skookum Returns

I was browsing through the latest edition of Fish & Fly last night and the first article was authored by our old Flytalk freind Dylan T. He was discussing his patterns and such...and in typical Dylan fashion, excellent photos accompied the article.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Pullin' Thread

Ah yes, the mighty 45' wide Skookum and its winter fish. A river all but abandoned by fly fishers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Chief of E.P.

Fish and Fly???

Fish and Fly? I am not familiar with that one. Is that the magazine that Lauren Jackson posed nude for before the Olympics?
Old 10-17-2004, 10:31 AM

Yeah, but her fly was closed!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 01:35 AM

Thanks, Ryan, for the kind words. It's good to know that someone out there (other than my mom) read the story. Wish I could take credit for the photos, but they're courtesy of my good friend, Paolo Marchesi.

As for Lauren Jackson, yes, she's nude in this issue of Fish & Fly, so everyone, go out and buy a bunch of copies. Hopefully the publisher will think my story had something to do with a sudden increase in sales, and I will be set to make dozens of dollars a year as a writer...

Alternately, some of you reading this may recognize yourselves in the story (it's about the lunacy of steelhead addiction), or may even be named in print, in which case I plead journalistic license, etc, etc... In other words, I apologize in advance if anyone is pissed. You can feel free to throw rocks into any run you see me fishing.

Otherwise, I haven't gone away, just been busy with a new baby, paying bills, etc. I still read the board, and keep up with everyone through that. Even squeezed in a good trip up to BC a couple of weeks ago, which was miraculous in both the mind-boggling crowds up there and the fact that the river stayed in for the entire time I was there--a first!

Okay, back to it. Hope y'all are well, and after you buy the magazine for the Lauren Jackson photos, if you end up reading the story, I'd love to hear what you think.

Peace,

Skookum
Old 10-22-2004, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight
Yeah, but her fly was closed!!!!!!!!!
Very nice. Still laughing.

-t

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.