Plymouth - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 06:01 PM

Plymouth

Plymouth has been so so this fall. Last year was outstanding but I was starting to think the fish had passed us by altogether.
After an especially bad day of work I took a drive by a favorite yak spot overlooking the bay. There are more gulls sitting around than I've seen there since last fall. The birds obviously think something is going to happen. I won't be able to get out this week or weekend but I really think it's going to bust wide open. There have been some reports of large fish to the North, just like last year. Seems it might just maybe be running a couple weeks behind, if so and you have the time fishing the incoming tomorrow morning might just pay off big. Best to hit it from a boat but a yak can get you into a lot of the action. There are small fish busting on the surface in the evening, if they are not showing on top they seem to be hugging the shore real tight near the grass. Gulls and terns are not the only indicators, if the action isn't obvious look for the egrets and black birds hanging on the shoreline and that's where you'll find the fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2004, 10:23 AM

Jim,

You are correct there are some fish to the N that will probably be moving in that direction. My first hand observation is that there is not nearly as much "Big Stuff" mixed in as last year, & whether they will "Stop By" Plymouth is TBD.

All account that I've heard indicate that yes, Plym has been soft this year. It never ceases to amaze me how variable this game is: hour to hour, day to day, & season to season.

Hope it Happens that way, keep us posted.....
Old 10-21-2004, 06:08 PM

Looks like they might have arrived.
http://baymenoutfitters.com/news/1098374550.html

I'm not sure where the 17' seas are coming from, must be a typo, I'm showing 7-10 which is plenty enough to keep me away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.