Late Weekend Report - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Middle Aged Member

Late Weekend Report

Fished a couple of hours both Saturday and Sunday AM. Not much happening at Chatham Light Sat. Chatted with Jimmy (Porkslice). He was going to make the trek down South beach. How'd you do, Jimmy? Sunday I went to look at Paines but the water was still a bit low. Went to Harborview and was casting to sipping schoolies for half an hour with no takes. Strange. Went to home, took a walk with the wife and dog and saw a break in the river. Went back to the house and got my rod and waders. Picked up a few residents, dark green schoolies. Got a feeling they might be in the neighborhood through the winter.

Bottom line is I need a prolonged outing before this is over, maybe next weekend.

Side note - Had the usual assortment of satilite TV and refinancing messages when I got to the cape on Friday. Also had one strange message...sounded like someone calling while getting out of the bathtub... or it was Basser calling while Slinger went into the drink at the canal. No message left though. So who was it?
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Pencil me in.....

Phone message could not have been from me...I did not take a bath over the extra long weekend (took Friday off). I was lucky that I did take Friday off, however...the canal produced fly Albies for me just on Friday (with a few stripers mixed in). The Albies were around on Sat and Sun busting bait but not biting lures or flies except for the occasional random success (not like it was last week ). The Friday bite was significant though because with the Friday Albie I completed an all tackle slam and managed to land at least one Albie on every flyrod I own.

Slinger and Sean were down on Sunday when things were slow on the bite. There were plenty of Albies around Sean's feet, however
Slinger and Sean were a little late because Slinger had some car trouble on the way down... I left to go watch the Patriots with Slinger and Sean still up on the jetties. Sean was having problems hooking up with the trash cans behind him when I left I guess he has not had much practice avoiding trashcans at the WW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2004, 09:56 AM
President of CAC

John...live a little...take a bath now and again... it is really not that scary! Of course you can opt for taking a shower... they are faster but not as relaxing...one way or another ..you should try it.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Pencil me in.....

Stri,

I took one this morning....left the waders on though Felt good..now that I have converted from natural materials to tinsel flies I need to take a shower now and again to get rid of the itch If you stick to wings you never have to shower

Last edited by jfbasser; 10-12-2004 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Jonesin...

For some reason the albies would turn away just after me and before JF . I guess those waders really are breathable! From now on I will always stand up tide .

Sean
Old 10-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Pencil me in.....

They know that they better stay out of range of my fly
Old 10-12-2004, 01:40 PM
CantAnchorUs

Oh the shame of it! Everyone picking on an old man. Now I will probably have to walk on water to make up for falling in!
There`s somthing hilarious about the FA`s blowing up under your rod and even 30` is too much line out. Scheming a way to get another week off as we speak.
Slinger
PS I had my bath last week, so that means I can skip 2 showers, right?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Pencil me in.....

I think I saw them blow up under Sean's stripping basket once

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.