Rhody Report 10/4-10/7 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Recovering Albie-holic

Rhody Report 10/4-10/7

Just got to CT after 3+ days of pretty good action. Still a few days left here before heading back to Michigan. Here's the long and short of it...

10/4-Hit a popular breachway on Monday afternoon, hooked and landed my shore albie on my very first cast

10/5-WW in the AM...walking out to join the boys on the outside but was distracted by the blitzing bass on the inside...released a dozen or so schoolies before the action died down. Went back to the "albie" breachway and was 1 for 3 in the first hour I was there...broke off the first one when it went for the bridge (hint, hint), dropped the second one after a lengthy battle, finally brought the third one to hand.

10/6-tough day everywhere I went...caught a stinky black kitty with a white stripe down its back.

10/7-Killed the skunk early at WW with a bluefish...walked further out and landed 2 albies around 8:00am. Went back to the "top secret" albie spot about 11:30 and landed 2 in the next 3 hours with lots of other hits and follows. Fish were definitely in fewer number and a lot pickier...caught them on both the east and west side but they were running the west side a lot better. So....broke my one day record with 4 fish landed from shore Crazy day!!!

I do believe that the albies are winding down as the number of fish seemed to decrease from earlier in the week. Bass and blues seem to be picking up, though...from what I heard.

I have to say the RI group of "albie nuts" is probably the friendliest group of guys I have ever fished next to...ever. Certainly a refreshing break from the negativity I am used to on my home waters in MI. If I met any of you guys over the last few days...THANKS!!!! I appreciate how welcome you made me feel!
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Fly chucker

Great report!

I have to agree that the albie nuts out in RI are very accomodating and friendly. It behooves us to work together out there, especially giving alerts when fish are coming through the areas.

Enjoy the remainder of your trip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.