North Tip Report - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2004, 05:11 PM
President of CAC

North Tip Report

A bueatiful day and we took off at 8am... Adrian took the vacant spot on this trip and he and Mark and Bert stayed at CAC last night... we got dropped off and hit fish immediatly.... It looked like a great day of catching. The thing was ,it quieted down to almost nil as the day wore on. We had an incoming tide till around 11 and the wind was down. It started to honk coming from the south...20 to 25. We started to break up some heading around the corner into the flats, other down the beach toward the entrance of the Southway. Adrian spent a lot of time at the crib entrance and after I fished the beach down south of the Southway, Fred and I headed all the way to the west crib...saw nothing. Bait was also scarce today. To sum it up, JimS, Bert and Chris had the lions share of fish. Mark hit during the lull....but things were slow. I think we all got fish...but not 200 like the trip to south point earlier this year. Keith had confirmed that the south tip would have been cancelled anyway because of the wind.; A great day and great company again and a lot of fun to get together at season end. Tomorrow crew will have an extra hour of the incoming so I look forward to that report. Here are some of my pics...Others will post theirs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03392.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	3736  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2004, 05:15 PM
President of CAC

Bert with an early fish:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03380.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	3737  
Old 09-25-2004, 05:21 PM
President of CAC

Headquarters.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03388.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	3738  
Old 09-25-2004, 06:19 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Kick Butt Tomorrow

John, your post summed up the trip, good on the incoming, and except for Bert, the top gun, the outgoing didin't produce as well as expected. In talking to Keith, the pressure change with the high may have put them off the feed bag.

Tomorrow is another day, and we know that the fish we took were migrants, thus, swells and the wind make make an awsome day tomorrow if the sand eels are there.

Incidentally, just talked to Chris, on his way back to 9-5, he really enjoyed the trip primarily because of the comraderie. I'm convinced that there is no better group of guys than flyfishermen (oops Amy) that are open and willing to share information to their brethren.

Great day, and thanks again John for arranging it. Also, Keith and the Admiral have done an outstanding job accommodating our whims.

I'll give a detailed report on the trip tomorrow. Now that we have the lay of the land, I think we will do well.

Simms
Old 09-25-2004, 09:07 PM

Great outing with friends ,who could ask for anything more. Life is about the friends you meet and keep to quote my late father in law. I got one nice fat striper standing next to Chris the fishing machine. Learned a new way to cast thanks to Jim S. Even saw some of the two handed rods bend a little today The decision to go to the North Tip was wise as we had to walk about a quarter of a mile from the pick up because of the wind. It could have been an eight mile hike instead. FishHawk
Old 09-26-2004, 05:42 AM
President of CAC

More pics.... Getting ready at the refuge.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03376.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	3739  
Old 09-26-2004, 05:46 AM
President of CAC

The Gonga line
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03377.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	3740  
Old 09-26-2004, 05:50 AM
President of CAC

Lunch Break..... Haming it up for the camera...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03390.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	3741  
Old 09-26-2004, 05:55 AM
President of CAC

Two old vets of these trips...FredA and Fish Hawk....Forgot to mention that this years trip was a first... a first for our first Father/ Daughter team of Ron and Amy, Who 's combined energy kept them walking all over the north tip with little breaks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03389.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	3742  
Old 09-26-2004, 07:30 AM

John......many thanks from Amy and I for arranging the trip! We also appreciated the offer of coming back to the CAC, but we were tired and had a long trip back. Beautiful place, exciting to try a different area to fish, great company, new friends and even better sportsmanship. Fishhawk....thanks for placing Amy in your "honey hole"....Chris, thanks for calling us over to your hot spot (which seemed to be anywhere you were casting at the time )....your dad taught you well!!!! ....to the others....thanks for welcoming the first father/daughter team to the group
Ron
Old 09-26-2004, 09:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to polareyez
Tip Trip

John,
Thanks for your efforts organizing the trip, and for arranging the nice weather. It's too bad you didn't hire the fish for a full day...... It was great to meet everyone and put faces with names. As the Red Sox say, next year!
Polareyez
Old 09-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Middle Aged Member

Great day fishing, not too great catching. As always, it's great to see old friend and meet new. Thanks a bunch for putting this together John. And PM me your e'mail address and I'll forward a few pics.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Fly chucker

Well, I met many new people over the past few days...let's see if I can remember who I met on Saturday:

Ron and Amy
Chuck
Gary
Chris
Paul

Maybe another new face, but I might be thinking of Sunday. It was also good to see the familiar faces again, and hang with John and Adrain at CAC for a few nights.

I thought we were gonna have one of those days when everyone started hitting fish right off the bat. But it wasn't meant to be. But it was nice to hook some fish over 100 feet away with the two-hander.

Thanks to everyone for the comaraderie, and thanks to John for his hospitatliy.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:37 AM

thanks again

It is always a pleasure to fish with people who truly want to help out the newbie,ME. I want to thank everyone for a great weekend and John for the organizing the rip.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:43 PM

Grizz0707 don't think your a newbie now. Don't give up on that fly you showed me . Just put a little weight on the hook shank and it should be a real killer.
FishHawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.