One year ago today - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2004, 11:19 AM

One year ago today

I think that we all should take a moment to pause and thank our lucky stars that we still have one of our comrades around to give us all of his wisdom and thoughtful banter. One year ago today I heard the infamous words, "I think I can make it" after 2 hours of looking at this rapids on the Kispioxs. Three of us were lining our boats around and all the sudden Sinktip is dropping into the rapids. I will say he almost made it through until the HUGE standing wave caught one of his pontoons and flipped his pontoon boat quicker the Tip could pop open a lucky lager in college.

He ended up being fine but it was a little dicey for awhile but we saw his head pop up grab a Pontoon so we figured he would be OK. Which he was. Can't say the same for the two rods and one reel that were a total loss.

But as the years go on he will be able to laugh at himself and those famous words "I think I can make it" while the rest of us had a plan to get the boats around.

Take a moment tonight to pause raise a glass and think our lucky stars we still have sinktip to kick around because for 5 minutes on the Kispiox we weren't sure.

JJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2004, 11:22 AM
CND The Spey Underground

It is too early in the day for single malt, but I tip my coffee to you brother

Still Living Large!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

I don't drink but what the heck here is another tip of the coffee mug to ya tip.

You know the ol' sayin' keep the shiney side up don't ya? Well.............................
Old 09-22-2004, 01:01 PM

Lucky Larger = WSU.

Glad we still got the Tipper around to fish another day. My fish this morning goes to you!
Old 09-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Chief of E.P.

Thanks to all.

It wasn't until a phone conversation with JJ this morning that I remembered it was a year ago today. I probably could have survived without remembering that prime example of cahones trumping brains but JJ is right, it did make for a great story. And all things being equal, I wish I was up there now instead of behind this desk.

Kush, what is with this "too early for a single malt" stuff. You getting soft on me?

sinktip
(the buoyant one)
Old 09-23-2004, 10:55 PM

Yeah, I heard another great story about that trip can't believe it a froma fellow rugger. Tip my wife would also thank you as you've kept me from adding to my Perfect collection as I don't bid against friends (often).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.