Abel Deal!---on E-bay - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2004, 10:48 PM
President of CAC

Abel Deal!---on E-bay

I know you will say that paying $490 for a reel is not THAT great a deal... but I was able to follow this one for the 7 days it was on and no one bid until 5 hours before it was to end.....The bid oped at $475 and I waited till the last 30 seconds and agonized over but put in my bid at $575.... 30 seconds before it closed would give someone else less time to react.... and I would get it providing the first bidder did not have a very high limit.... anyway... he did not... I was looking for a good offshore reel and spoted this Abel, a Super 12 and a camo dseign I liked... used only a couple times and the retail for a Super 12 is $675...add another $100 for the camo ,and it's at $775...Plus I get three lines... a SA Tarpon clear Mastery series 12 wt , a 12 wt Rio yellow WF and a Orvis 12 wt WF. As an average I would say $50 each and almost brand new ...so I get this great real for 1/2 of what I would have had to pay including the 3 lines...Total retail $950.... I think this was a good deal. Point- Watch ebay as most of you know forsomething that you don't want to pay full price... and sometimes the deals are very good. Here are three photo's and it look scratch free from what i can tell and that was confirmed by my e-mails back and forth with the current owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15_12_s.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	3709  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2004, 10:49 PM
President of CAC

Back View.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	60_12_s.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	3710  
Old 09-14-2004, 10:49 PM
President of CAC

And the other picture....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	71_12_s.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	3711  
Old 09-15-2004, 03:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to jamie Send a message via Skype™ to jamie
Looks like you picked up a bargain.

The thing that frustrates me about ebay is the amount of stuff you need to wade through before you find what you are looking for. I have picked up some great deals from there though. Just have to make sure it is something you will use rather than cluttering up space with something you will never use - something I can be deemed guilty as charged.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Fly chucker

John, for that reel plus three lines I think that you did very well for yourself.

Can I use it as a coaster at CAC?
Old 09-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

It's funkadelic!

Recently I asked John to help me with a large guided outing. The client asked about John's background, and I replied "John is a gentleman of vivid local colour". It just poured off my tongue, totally unrehearsed and naturally... as if there could be a photo in the Flyfishing Forum journals in our golden years with his picture, wearing a fez and that caption (as read above) underneath it.

After a short pause, the client replied "PERFECT"!

He didn't know I meant right down to the reel!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.