Boy if you're not fishing today... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Boy if you're not fishing today...

I hope you have a really good excuse not to be on the water. I have one, whether it's really good or not is the question (catch-up work to clear the schedule for later).

I can only imagine what the flats look like today...

Monomoy "blackbacks" just a few days ago.... as seen from 30-40 yards away with a point and shoot digital!

Hope everyone is fishin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2004, 04:43 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
TeamRoop...

Reporting for duty...OnTheWater!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept12 011.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	3705  
Old 09-12-2004, 06:06 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Single guys aren"t So Bad

Nice photo! Did they fish? If so, what did they catch? Actually, a boat ride would have made their day.

I'm on the Cape for the next month and am awaiting Paxton's report on S. Beach.

The Monday sortie will be Morris Island early a.m. and then linkup with Keith if he is running. I will be alternating between CC bay and the southside depending on the bait and the bite.

I'll keep ya posted.

Simms
Old 09-12-2004, 06:22 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
Mostly...

BluePhish...they fished and caught...
with the Chatham twin water tanks in the distance...
'Saw some BlueFin tails but that's another story...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept12 004.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	3706  
Old 09-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Middle Aged Member

Fished the refuge for a couple of hours this morning. A bit slow with just a few schoolies around but there was bait. Talked to one guy that said the place was even devoid of bait a day earlier. So I figure things are on the upswing for Jim. Went out to the creek on the bayside this afternoon. Deader than dead the last two hours of the drop. Should have gone a little furthur east, I think, to where the saints and fish come marchin in.

Nice pics and the kids are priceless. With that receding hairline Roop oughta have a hat on.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:55 PM

Hi Jim,
Happy that you are back on the Cape....things are beginning to hop. Last week picked up 6 on the SB flats. Went today with Garry, he got 2......we sighted many fish.....I was able to pick up 7 stripers today on the flats, one of which was 30 to 32 inches and a porker. The surprise of the day was a good sized bluefish that I got on the flats between K and L, on a 9lb tippet no less......talk about pure luck!!!!! Sure proof of the existence of fish Gods.
6 of the stripers were caught within 1-2 hrs of the incoming in the a.m. (just like last week), thereafter...lockjaw was the trend of the afternoon, until the keeper hit. Had many follows and no lookers all afternoon....on the keeper, I twiched the tan sand eel twice, the fish followed and I just let the fly sit still just to try something different....it worked on at least that fish.
Plenty of silversides, most in the 3 inch range....about 25% in the 4 to 5 inch range....if you stood still on the flats and looked down, they were all around you. Didn't see any bunker on the flats. Surf (spinning guys) did well on the surf side...many blues and stripers. Didn't hear how the FF's did surfside but spinners said fish were caught 75 to 100 out from shore.
Met 2 great guys from Colorado.....one (Adrian) joined up with us and promptly caught his first "sight' striper.....to share his excitement and surprise of just being able to see fish on the flats was a major bonus to our day's experience! This was stuff not experienced in his landlocked state....think we have us a new convert As Keith's last pick up was at 2, Garry and I tried Morris.....saw one fish....dead as can be.
I spoke with Keith today re shuttle.....he's running Sat. 8 and 4, Sunday 8 and 2 and during the week only if he has sufficient #'s He advised to call the day before during the week. Looks like the death march option will be upon us, if #'s aren't there. Hope to see you soon and hook up.
Ron
Old 09-13-2004, 04:25 AM

Fished the Bayside. Plenty of breaking fish and bait. Got into a nice blitz. Lots of fun . Stripers are on the move. Chowing down for the long haul.
FishHawk

fishe
Old 09-13-2004, 05:59 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Let's use the site to build up full boats for Rip Ryder through the rest of the season. Jim, I envy you... and I live here!

Crazy times ahead on the beaches...
Old 09-13-2004, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the pitures Pete!

The girls always get a laugh out of visiting with Pete, a day on the water is even better for them.

RE: fishing - they're kind of spoiled. The youngest wasn't too happy yesterday as she expects every trip to be like a day we had off Falmouth, FAC & spanish macks on every cast.... need to work on that one

Back to looking for bass & tuna!

Roop
Old 09-13-2004, 01:30 PM

Roop start saving your money now. Two complete fly outfits with Able Reels and spools to match plus assorted lines. For the girls .
FishHawk
Old 09-13-2004, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHawk
Roop start saving your money now. Two complete fly outfits with Able Reels and spools to match plus assorted lines. For the girls .
FishHawk
FLy rods are coming this winter... I'm pretty sure the membership does not want to know about the gear they already own

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.