Orvis Guide Weight Breathables - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2000, 09:06 AM

Orvis Guide Weight Breathables

Got a hole in my orvis silver label breathables so I took them back and rather then get a new pair I kicked in an extra 65.00 and upgraded to the guide weight. I love them. They seem to be alot tuffer then the silvers and have three great features that I love. 1. Fitted neoprene feet 2. Loops for a belt and removable shoulder straps so that you can ware them at the waste 3. Built in Gauters. I love them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2000, 11:40 AM

RE:Orvis Guide Weight Breathables

Nathan.
I have a pair of Cabelas's dry-plus breathable waders 2 seasons old, and they are starting to ( inhale)no holes. I wonder if it's the saltwater?
Keep us posted on how they hold up, I will wait untill Spring for a new pair.
John.
Old 07-10-2000, 12:31 PM

Interesting... I did the same and ended up hating my 'Guide pro's for the very reasons you mention. Those big long belt loops mean I can't easily stick on a knife/pliers sheath on my belt, and I still haven't figured out where to tuck the loose end of the belt. The loops are too long to thread it through, and it always ends up in my shooting basket. The darned 'popoff' suspenders seem to pop off whenever I try to climb a rock; I have a choice word or two for them and Orvis whenever they do that. I'm not sure what the gaiters do. However, I really like the fact that they stay 'dry' i.e. don't accumulate water on the outside like many other waders do. I can go straight from the water to the car without the wife complaining she's got a wet seat the next morning.
Old 07-13-2000, 11:18 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Food for thought... you know, with the insight we anglers have between us, we could make a heck of a product! There's a good idea there somewhere...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.