Orvis wader returns - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2000, 05:05 PM

Orvis wader returns

Mike and I just sent our low end orvis breathables back for replacement due to leaks. Does anyone have experience returning stuff to orvis? We'd like to know how long we will be stuck using our leaky and hot neoprenes.

Gregg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2000, 09:57 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Orvis wader returns

I haven't sent anything to Orvis but I typically have good luck with returns. I always send a passionate letter about my brand loyalty and dire need, just in case someone reads them.

I would have asked for a rush due to an upcoming big trip... like the rip trip on the 29th. Best of luck getting them back!

<!--http--><a href="http://www.orvis.com/store/main_frame.asp?directive=70&subject=12" target="_blank"> FAQ on Orvis returns and policies</a><!--url-->
Old 07-15-2000, 03:37 AM

RE:Orvis wader returns

Orvis has far and away the best return policy I'm aware of. They are more than fare...to the point of being taken advantage of. I'm not saying that they aren't making a lode of dough, but I remember talking to someone in customer service and she told me of a woman who tried to return all of her husbands fishing stuff...waders, rods,reels ect. because her husband had drown! That's a tragic situation and a very loose interprtation of a satisfaction guarantee.
They are a very big company, and when you send stuff back to Manchester or Roanoke, it can take a while to be proscessed. I recomend that you call up a Company store and ask (nicely) if they can exchange them for you. Usually there is an over the counter policy for most stuff excluding rods and reels. I think that it is easier to talk to someone in a shop as opposed to a customer service person at the telephone center.
If you fish a lot, you might consider upgrading on the waders. The cheaper waders are pretty light duty and probably not suited to the hard core types. Hope it goes well, Eddie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.