Great time at the Bone Clave - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2004, 07:34 PM

Great time at the Bone Clave

Headed down from NH at 3:30 AM on Friday to meet JimW at the boat ramp at 6:00. . Joined JimW and Chuck and got boat loaded up with all the gear, poking our way out through the fog to get to the official Bone Clave home base on the island. Dropped off the gear and headed out toward the jetties. Before we made it out of the bay, we came upon some pretty big "water disturbances" - Jim W motored down and we all began blind casting as the fish were obviously feeding, but in no distinguishable pattern. JimW hooked up to a pretty good sized fish, but lost it after several minutes. No more hook ups, but we were convinced it was stripers due to Jim's fly still being attached to the leader.

Found fish feeding around the jetties on way out and we ran across quite a few schools of feeding blues - we are sure of that because we donated some of our flies. Overall a great day on the water, and it was a pleasure to spend the day on Jim's boat - he covered quite a bit of water in search of the hard tails and worked hard in an attempt to get us on to fish.

JimW - thanks for the opportunity of being able to fish off your boat - it was a great day on the water. Hooked up with some fish and had a great time. Quite a few times JimW focused on getting Chuck and I in to spots where he had to control the boat - cutting in to his own fishing time.

All - it was a great time for me the two days I spent with such a great group! Although I didn't fish on Saturday, it was a very relaxing just hanging out at base camp. There was a bunch of great food, good conversation and again - a nice relaxing day. Good seeing all those who were there for Friday and Saturday.

Can't wait to do this with the group again at Rhody, and I'm predicting now, that the hard tails will come in force!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 05:28 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I'll drink to that!

(Griz0707 with a pogie oil toast)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	griz.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	3638  
Old 08-24-2004, 06:18 AM
Middle Aged Member

As usual, it was a great time, dispite the slop on Friday and Saturday. The Tupperware party Saturday night was truly a unigue and wonderful thing (thanks grizz), though by the end I was talkin in tongues (actually my tongue was paralized)and I had to retire early. As usual, the food was outrageous. Big thanks to Sean, Sully, Jim W and Lefty for organizing things.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:59 AM

kindred spirits

I want to thank everyone for their sharing the knowledge they acquired over time fishing the salt. Being a newbe to this sport, I soak up alot of information and poidy oil this weekend. This sport of fly fishing is one of the few I know of where people give freely their advice and show what pattern is working or what they have a new design for. It was truly refreshing in a world of back stabbing to meet a great group of men who share values that can all be admired. Thanks again for a great weekend.

Fish We Must,
Grizz
Old 08-25-2004, 11:14 AM

I'd like to thank whoever shared their cold with me. Grrrr....
Old 08-25-2004, 10:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
thanks to all!!!

I had a great time! this was my 1st time to do more than daytrip toa clave. I never even caught a fish, but had a great time in spite of that!!! and I really enjoyed all the samples ot tupperware! what a great group of guys. I enjoyed meeting those I didn't know, and seeing those I did...and a special thanks to all the meisters!!! Tom D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.