Fly Fishing Forum banner

howdy

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
My name is Greg and have recently gotten into Saltwater fly fishing. I have been an avid freshwater flyfisherman and fly tyer for about 15 yrs. My parents have recently perchased a new house in Chatam Mass. And my father and I are looking forward to hitting the flats, allong with all of the other beautiful water in that area. I look forward to sharing all of your knowledge on the area, the equipment,and fly patterns. Thanks, Greg

#2 ·
WELCOME!

There is a wealth of Chatham knowledge in the community and I am sure you will enjoy the discoveries that lay ahead. Although the cape abounds with great opportunities, Chatham has that special mix of big ocean, estuary, tidal flats, sight fishing, surf, inshore rips, you name it.

Just let us know when you're going to be around and we'll be glad to help you and your dad get acquainted with one of the truely beautiful angling spots on the eastern seaboard.

Looking forward to it!

#5 ·
BTW -

The last couple of years have been outrageous around Chatham, as you might already know.

The inlet (end of Nauset, Lighthouse Beach, South Beach corner) produces great stripers through the season with the best times being early summer and fall.

The area off South Beach from Chatham Inlet south to South Monomoy Point has been a veritable bass grazing ground for boaters.

Monomoy starts each spring with a bang of hungry migrants, settles into challenging residents (my favorite), and usually gets a fall flurry in September (although last year was a bust).

The area around the rip at the tip is one of our favorite adventures, we call it the Rip Trip. (South Monomoy Point Rip)

West side of Monomoy is the flats fishing mecca, unless they are inside, which is sometimes just as good.

Stage inlet is a great spot, sometimes the best of the bunch - especially earlier and later in the season.

Pleasant Bay is a protected area thats gets a lot of big fish in early spring and fall months, a little warm for the biggest fish mid-summer but loaded with big fish when the water is cool.

The whole area is an anglers' paradise. You and your dad are very fortunate. I look forward to getting on the water with you in the days to come!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.