New Selective Fishery Waters for Steelhead - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
New Selective Fishery Waters for Steelhead

I just recieved my 'minor cycle' rule proposal packet from the WDFW.

In it, they are proposing (if the Moratorium sticks), selective fishery regulations in March and April on all the rivers that are effected by the Moratorium.

The Sol Duc and Quillayute would be exempt from this proposal however as they have targeted salmon fisheries during this time frame. However, the Hoh, Bogey, Calawah, Clearwater, Dickey, Hoho and Upper Quianualt would all be under Selective Fishery Regs come March 1.

Their reasoning behind this proposal was so that now these river systems would reflect the Department's "management approach for wild steelhead catch and release fisheries."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2004, 11:56 PM
Pullin' Thread

I saw this too and will be sending an email in support of it before this week is over. In fact, I'm going to suggest it be put into place even if the moratorium is abandoned in the meeting later this month. I was happy to see it as a proposed rule change for this "monor cycle".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2004, 04:37 AM

Char

Noticed the addition of char to "Sparkey's rule" as well. Fair enough. I'd think new C&R/selective rules would benefit the char much more, but I'll take what we get. I'll be sure to tell the char poachers I see on a regular basis about the rule, but they don't seem to have a handle on the 6 year old rule about 20" size limit yet... seems like hardware would be easier to enforce than these types of regs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.