Seamaster Mark III for sale - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2004, 11:14 AM

Seamaster Mark III for sale

Seamaster Mark III, (circa mid 1970s according to Seamaster President, Robbie Janson), with no markings whatsoever. None. I have had this reel for years, and knew that it was a real, honest-to-goodness, Seamaster, but have just had RJ verify this fact. Robbie told me that he had seen "a couple" over the years and added that he remembered the Seamaster client whom I got the reel from. Chances were that Mac had simply handed the client the reel, (who was likely in a rush to get fishing), with the caveat that when he was done fishing, he return it for engraving. Obviously, this never happened and thankfully, from a collector's view, it has some added value. While he was at it, it was refurbished, (but honestly, I cannot tell the difference (except on my AMEX statement), as it was already in very good condition. It does have two minor dings on the "off" side, exterior ridge and I am certain that under magnification, more can be found. Overall, however, it is substantially in exceptional condition. It is a four pillar model with the standard gold frame over jet-black spool. I had had several of the most noteworthy rare-reel guys look at it and none of them had ever seen one previously. Having said that, they all made offers, pretty good ones too, but I had a pretty good idea that they were going to do the very same thing I can do just as well. Nevertheless, it is for real and now for sale. Granted, it ain't cheap, but you may not ever see another.

$4500.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Law Student

Send a message via AIM to brooklynangler
Other avenues

I'd post this in the "For Sale" heading and also think about posting it on reeltime dot com, fishcane dot com, and contacting Jim Williams at just reels dot com.

A great piece and I wish you luck--

Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.