Fly Fishing Forum banner

J. Morin

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
I will be brief so as not to bore anyone. Started fishing like every kid, but did quite a bit when I would spend one month on a cousins farm in Roxton Falls, Quebec Canada. ,which is in the eastern townships about 60 miles southeast of Montreal. We would worm fish for big trout in the Black River which ran though the town .I also spent some of that time in Outremont in Montreal staying with my only aunt. My father an I would take trips up to La Torque, Quebec and either fly in or take a tractor on old lumber roads to some of the many lakes in the area. Caught tons of Speckled trout and some lake trout... This was real wilderness in the late 50's early 60's. We would mostly spin fish but did some fly fishing as well. That was my foundation and as I said in another post My father ,who died last year at eighty,and I used to go into the old Boston sportsman show and watch Ted Williams and Jack Sharkey cast flyrods, which was not as popular then as it is today( my memory anyway). I grew up in Brookline, Ma and have fished on and off for many years mostly in New Hampshire and Mass(swift River).. Started to get into saltwater fishing when I bought the Cottege in Chatham about 10 years ago. I used to take the kids to Hardings beach and Bait fish for blue fish,which were plentiful in those days ,and met a lot of the local fishermen which I keep in contact even today... One of the most knowlegeable and capable of all the fishermen I have met anywhere ,who spin fishes only,is Leon Long, who made me a couple surf rods and did so for Goose Humock for a while, and lives full time in Chatham. We would fish together frequently at Hardings. Started Saltwater flyfishing about 7 or 8 years ago and usualy stay in Chatham... Met Juro at the light house about 3 or 4 years ago, maybe longer. I went to Boston College and B.C.Law, and also B.U. Law in graduate banking studies. Worked as a public defender starting out ,then 5 years at a Boston law firm and the last 20 at John Hancock in different legal capacities. I am now a Vice president, corporate Secretary,Risk Management, and chief Counsel to John Hancock Signature Services a transfer agent and servicing arm of JH. Married and Live in Winchester Ma, Three Children,Two boys 16 and 15 and one girl,11. I did not say much about Golf ,but that is another sport I enjoy and play with my sons as much as I can at Winchester Country Club . I try to stay in shape by playing squash atleast two times per week at the University Club in Back Bay, Boston... I have done my civic duty as requested by Juro. Sorry, this was not brief and forgive my spelling ,it has been a life long handicap.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.