Crease Flys - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Striper (etc) Flies Tricks of the trade

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2004, 02:50 PM

Crease Flys

Hello all i have recently been introduced to the crease fly i know that some of you have already been tying this pattern and fishing it for quite some time now. On Sunday i tried it out on one of my local smallmouth streams and wes very impressed with the results. I fished for about 4 hours produceing some 16 fish with a few in the 16" range. Im gona further research this pattern and see if i can find some type of sticky back mylar flash film to add some flash ill keep you all posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2004, 06:44 PM
President of CAC

Excelllent, Please keep us informed...You might also try a search on this forum since I am certain we have a number of tyers who tied them...I also did a variation I called the Spong Bob Flys.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Flats Rat

Do a goole search for "Jones Tones foil". This stuff is used by modellers and comes in all sorts of colors. I picked up a sampler pack of 14 sheets each 6"x12", all different colors for < $20. There are a number of sources for sticky back foam also. I made a few recently for peanut immitations and thought they would be great for smallies. I also have some slightly larger patterns on the drawing board for the upcoming October Cabo trip
Old 08-05-2004, 07:26 PM

MYlar

For my flash mylar body material I have found that CD shops ar the place to shop. YOu can buy mylar CD gift wraps for about a $1 a peice and they are holographic. Then if you go to a craft shop (like Michael's) you can buy the close cell foam sheet with the peel off back wher it has adhesive on one side. My challenge was the shaping of the foam. I ended up buying a crease that i fished to insure good action... then I cut it open with an exacto knife and used it as a stencil for cutting mutiple foam section for new flies. That's my 2 cents.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:53 AM

Well i hit the smallmouth water again last night and once again the crease fly did the trick i pulled out a lunker 18 3/8 long i expect around 2 lb was a nice fish plus the usual 10 to 13" adverage fish i caught a dozzen or so before dark.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.