It had only begun and now it's over - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2004, 12:45 PM

It had only begun and now it's over

My last times on the Sno until it cools down.

Wednesday, July 21
I was on the water at 6am (flow: 660cfs) and fished the top of the lower pool first with no results. I waded down and around the big rock and concentrated on getting a good swing on the other side of the downstream submerged rock in the middle of the river. At 7am, as my #5 Freight Spey swung down and over the rock,I forced the swing through the turbulance. The fish hit just before the hang down. It wallowed then bolted down and across stream where it jumped once then swam back across and sulked. I wound my line in as far as the butt knot and saw that it was a nice buck before he turned and got off. This was my first fish in 19 trips to the Snoqualmie.

Saturday, July 24
The flow was 600cfs. I was on the water at 5:30am. At 5:50, in the well-oxygenated top of the run, I hooked and landed a beautiful little lady of about 6-8 pounds. She took the same grease-lined #5 Freight Spey as the buck on Wednesday.

Leland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Make it a double!

Great job Leland!
I was going to go out this morning but I decided I would wait till the water cools down abit. Time to hit the salt for awhile. Maybe we will get a cooling trend and some rain and I can get out on the river again.

Kevin
Old 07-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Registered Spey Offender

Very cool Leland. With the rivers this low and temps going up, I'll be concentrating on the sound until we get some fresh water.

Matt Burke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.