Korkers Konvertibles - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2004, 07:10 AM

Question Korkers Konvertibles

I was wondering if any of you had tried these out. Looks to be a good idea but I wonder how they hold up with use and if they are that easy to change the inserts. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 10:57 AM

Jury still out.......

I have a pair and they are comfortable and appear to have a superior toe construction than most other offerings. As far as changing soles it is not to difficult, does take a little finger strength though.
I purchased several different soles for mine and am pleased with all with the exception of the Studded felt. The studded felt did not stay glued together for one full day of hiking and fishing! They glued the felt and studs to the sole plate by putting a small "dab" of glue on each of the aluminum surfaces of the stud backing, piss poor planning! The story is they have fixed the problem I have not yet received my replacements so I can not re-evaluate the product in this regard.
I found them to be very comfortable wading and hiking. If the new style of studded felts works out they will be well worth the money especially for travel when you need more than one type of sole and luggage weight is a concern.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:34 AM

Smile

Thanks for the heads up on the studded felts. I will be sure to get the latest version of that insert if I go ahead and get these.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.