Does anyone know Bill Ballan?? - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2004, 03:25 PM

Does anyone know Bill Ballan??

I'm trying to track down Bill Ballan to resolve an issue with an order I placed with him last week. Here's the story:

I called him last Wednesday July 7, and placed an order for a Winston Ibis rod and one of his handmade Heirloom reels. He took down my CC info and said he would check on the status of the rod, and call me back. I also noticed on Friday that my CC had been charged for the amount of the purchase. I still had not heard back from him today, which is Thursday July 15, so I called the store again.

I talked to a guy named Joe, who said he was one of the new owners who had just purchased the store from Bill last Friday!!! He knew nothing of my order, but said he would try to contact Bill, but made no promises.

I'm starting to get nervous that I am being ripped off, but I would like to give Bill the benefit of the doubt, given his reputation in the fly fishing community. I know I can always protest the charge to my CC if it comes to that, but I would first like to track Bill down and talk to him and see what he has to say.

So if anyone personally knows him, or knows how to get ahold of him, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help you all can give me!

Cheers,
Brandon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2004, 06:19 PM

met Bill many years ago was a pretty straight shooter did soom boxes for him at a show in nj this # is from 95 1-516-563-1323 hope this helps Mark
Old 07-19-2004, 10:20 AM

Well, I finally heard back from the new owner today - he said he spoke with Bill on Friday and supposedly everything is on the way or will be soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.