North Monomoy on Foot-7/10 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2004, 03:04 PM
President of CAC

North Monomoy on Foot-7/10

Took the ferry at 8 and back at 11:15. Headed over to the grass flats... with only my crab apples.... the tide was high but outgoing and only counted about 5 fish...mid-size.. Another forum member,CJS60, was out there and reported it slow as well. I had two shots at fish... singles and maybe high 20's no more. I was happy in a sence with the results but broke my own rule. Cast to fish on two occasions.. the crab droped to the bottom about 5 to 10 feet out of their lanes but they both swam over... stuck their nose about an inch from the fly and just stared at it. I should have made it stay still but I overreated and twitched it... they both took off. I should have waited even if they took off by it being still. I was glad I got their attention from those distances. Will go back but on an incoming... which is better for that fishing there anyway. Three days ago two fish took the crab But they were in pods of 3 and 4. Those singles are hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2004, 04:57 PM

Talking

Dick and I had the same results on Friday. Not the best of tides . However, we managed to get a couple of fish in the channels out front of the island. I also over reacted two weeks ago and missed a large fish . And so it goes on the Flats. I'll tell you one thing, you earn every fish you catch on the flats.
FishHawk
Old 07-10-2004, 06:45 PM

I managed one fish 30" on a crab and that was it for the day. I did see a lot of fish but after the tide bottomed out that was it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.