Fly Fishing Forum banner

New fly for the Gaspe!

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Charlie 
#1 ·
The attached image is that of a new fly I made for the Gaspe called Ann's Emerald. I wanted to make a spey fly that had a good color combination for the rivers of the Gaspe and this is what I came up with. It has worked well so far. Several people have caught fish on it. I myself was not one of them however. I named the fly after my friend Ann Smith who also posts on the board under the name Quebec Sporting.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice fly.

I wonder though if you ever thought about changing the teal face to dyed highlander green or chartreuse teal or mallard. I think this small change would make the fly even more effective and have a more ballanced look since the green teal or mallard would match the green floss body ribbing.

#8 ·
Thanks guys,

The recipe is as follows -

Tag: fine oval silver
Rib: Green Lagartun flat braid with fine oval silver on either side.
Counter Rib: fine oval silver
Body: black floss
Body Hackle: black dyed spey type hackle (blue eared works well) over front half of body
Collar: Teal
Wing: black quill segment with narrow strip of green married into the middle.

The Lagartun flat braid is available on line but I’m not sure where. It is a new product from Lagartun. I’m sure anyone that sells their tinsels can get it for you. Try some of the site sponsors. I’m sure one of them has it.

Thanks Charlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.