Announcing a Bomber Swap - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Salmon & Steelhead Flies Spey flies to mixed wings, new innovations

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Registered Spey Offender

Announcing a Bomber Swap(CANCELED)

Fly swap rules.

We are tying deer hair bombers, no foam. If you canít stack it and pack it, then here is your chance to learn. Because of the spun deer hair factor, we will not have a best tyer event for this swap where the winner gets extra flies. Number of tyers equals the number of flies required, in the same pattern. Same pattern does not apply to compensators.

Open to anyone in the continental US and Canada. (Sorry, ground mail outside of this can add 6 weeks)

One week from today to sign up or sign up ends when we have 12 tyers. Either way, we go with what we have on July 2nd. And then three weeks to tie and send.

Due date is July 25th.

Whatever packaging device you send, your swapped flies will be returned in. Return postage on self addressed envelope is a must or tyer may need to include compensators. Cash in the envelope for postage is OK, but I have a very dry tongue and your stamps may fall off. Also, I must warn you that my hand writing sucks and if I label it, your package may end up in Texas where there are few Steelhead and Atlantic Salmon.

If you are in, say so on this thread and email me via the forum PM with your home email you check every day. I will send back all mailing info, color choices, my phone number (In case you are castrated and have to bail out of the swap. Castration will be the only acceptable excuse), etc. First come first serve on color choices, material preferences, etc. Will try to keep us from getting repeats.

Everyone will be constantly updated as to the status of the swap. I will be working very hard for gratuities and will take up any slack.

Your swapmeister,

Matt Burke

Last edited by mattzoid; 07-02-2004 at 09:20 AM. Reason: NO SWAPPERS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Pullin' Thread

Matt,

Thanks for taking this one on.

I'm in and I'll tie my all around favorite Bomber, Black & Yellow with Grizzly hackle in my favorite size #4.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:57 AM

A'right. I didn't post on flytyer's thread on bombers because it was limited to pure bombers. He even excluded Moose Turds, etc.

So, how pure a bomber does it have to be? If you make it wakers with spun hair, I'll go for it. But I get bored with more than 3 clumps of spun hair per fly...

--Bill
Old 06-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Registered Spey Offender

Well since I am the meister, I make the call. The only stipulation I made was no foam. I don't want any skaters because as soon as these are in the mail to me, I am going to start a skater swap. There are a couple in Helvie's book that I am dying to try.

So here is my decision, Bomber or bomber like. No foam. You can spin deer hair in the traditional manor or you can do the brush method. If you want to be a turd, that is OK. But mind you, if we get 12 true bomber makers before July 2nd, you may have to wait until the skater/waker swap. If I can't get enough people to sign up, we may include skaters and wakers. I'd like to get this show on the road so we can use these before the winter run get here.

Matt Burke
Old 07-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Registered Spey Offender

I think we will cancel this swap for now because there just were not enough takers. I have made arrangements that those who were interested may do a minor exchange. Thanks anyway.

Matt Burke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.