Thanks to forum members - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2004, 04:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to jamie Send a message via Skype™ to jamie
Thumbs up Thanks to forum members

I just spent the day sleeping off some jet lag having returned to the UK.

I had a great time fishing along South Beach and it was good to meet up with some of you guys; your advice was greatly appreciated. I did not get to fish as much as I would have liked, and was unable to actually plan when to go out. As a consequnce could not meet up with some of you as I had hoped. Well it was a family holiday afterall.

The wife is already convinced we should go back for another holiday. I just need to work on the week of hardcore fishing with just some fishing buddies; but I will get there

thanks again.

the flies I got from the auction were just the trick. Thanks to all of the tiers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2004, 04:58 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Our Pleasure

Jamie, you reminded me of our Chatham Angler's Club president, the right honourable John Morin, wading S. Beach flats in shorts!

I met you a couple of times on the ride over and on the flats. You were hooked up a couple of times that we met. For a novice on our flats you did very well. Congratulations.

Let us know when you can get back for some serious fishing.

Simms

P.S. Did you get the Sage Xi2?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2004, 10:09 PM

Send a message via MSN to jamie Send a message via Skype™ to jamie
Blue legs

Jim, It was good to meet you. The shorts were more out of necessity, as I decided to leave my waders back in the UK. First time out, I have to admit to feeling a little cold, the second time wasn’t too bad.

I caught a few nice fish, nothing compared to the beauties you were pulling in. Did beat my personal best from the salt on the fly by more than double. A memorable trip and one I hope to repeat next year.

I bought a Xi2 from where you suggested I might find one; the Goose Hummock in Orleans. I bought an 8 weight, as this is of more use to me in the UK. Had a chance to cast it for a few hours off the beach down Cockle Cove Road on Wednesday, but did not connect with anything. It is a nice rod, which throws some really tight loops.

It is now 4.10am in the morning in the UK, and I am as bright as a button. Tried sleeping without success and given up on it now. I have a date with some Fathers Day trout on a chalkstream in a few hours, so have decided to sort out my gear and tie a few flies.

Last edited by jamie; 06-19-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.