Popovics Hollow Fly - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Striper (etc) Flies Tricks of the trade

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2004, 10:10 AM

Popovics Hollow Fly

I was cruising old post that talked about the hollow fly. I had the pleasure of watching Bob do his demo at the LL Bean FlyFishing Expo this year, as well as having about an hour to talk one on one with him. I will tell you what, that fly has changed the way I fish for stripers. I will try my best to get a digital camera so I can post some images of what I am tying!

I spun up some all black ones the other night with some red krystal flash in the second to last layer and it is an assasin for night fishing. SUPER PROFILE!!!!

Stripblue I saw the ones that you tied with the eyes, they look great. I on the other hand have yet to put eyes on mine. If anything I will use Golden Pheasant tippets for impresionistic eyes.

Life is good here in Maine!

Aaron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.