Anything new in God's country? - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2000, 10:17 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Anything new in God's country?

Kinda quiet out west... Tyler, was the return trip anything like the first? I'd imagine things are heating up in Spences.

What's everyone up to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2000, 11:25 AM
Chief of E.P.

RE:Anything new in God's country?

Juro,

This is the lull before the winter-run storm. I did sneak out yesterday morning to IRS and swung a prawn for a coule or hours. It was more to get the mind and body back into proper balance after 4 days at Hoodsport than any reasonable expectation of a hookup. It did feel good to be swiging a tip again though! Ran into one of the local flyshop guys who said he had heard a few winter-brats had already started to show so who knows, they may be early this year. I usually don't start looking for them until after Thanksgiving. Already looking forward to March and April when the real fun happens. Hurry up with that Thompson article, I need a fix

Duggan
Old 11-16-2000, 12:00 AM
CND The Spey Underground

Juro,

It has been anything but quiet out here - that's why I haven't had time to surf the net - I've been too busy driving back and forth to Spence's Bridge (plus basketball is now in full swing)! While fishing has not been quite as hot as when you were here it has held up decently. The stories are all starting to run together in my head (a sure sign that I've spent just a little too long standing up to my knackers in cold water). I've had fish every weekend since you left, but the pressure has certainly picked up - alot from south of the border I might add. The weather has also taken a bit of a nasty turn, this past weekend it was 9 and 10 degrees below freezing - it makes it a challenge to get out in the water before its light! Still I hooked 2 fish (landed one) - so it was still worthwhile. This next week is when the Martini Bar comes home - until next spring - hopefully on the Skagit! Talk again soon - still waiting with a worm on my tongue for "Living Large".

Tight lines - tyler.
Old 11-16-2000, 09:26 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Great to hear from you Tyler! I had a sneaky suspicion you had your hands full... of graphite and steel. Not a day goes by where I do not think about the Thompson. Brian you're right it gets into your mind.

I'm sure Bill still hears the trains and sees the bright waters flowing down the valley like I do. Three slabs in a morning... talk about beginners luck! That was a heck of a welcome to BC for him. He was always a striper schnauzer back east before he moved out there.

I have made progress on the article and even though I have 50 backlogged behind it I can't help but work on that one!

Now that the deep freeze is pending here in the northeast, the articles will be up soon (thanks to all for the patience!).

Take care and I look forward to potentially sneaking out in the spring. Maybe there's a microsoft class I can attend in April?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.