double fly hooks WANTED! - Fly Fishing Forum
For Sale by Owner Non-commercial items for sale!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2004, 12:45 AM

double fly hooks WANTED!

looking for double salmon fly hooks,in particular: partridge down eye,bronzed ,size eight, all sizes welcome for consideration!not sure of the model # tonight,but the down eye is what i'm after
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2004, 12:14 PM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
Hammer
The hook you're looking for is the Partridge R1A. They call it a seatrout double. I've not been able to find them anywhere on this continent (I've tried). I've since purchased them from a dealer in the UK (Ireland, as I recall). Let me know if you'd like the information and I'll dig it out and send you a private email.
Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2004, 07:42 PM

Hammer,

A felow named Richard Jefferies, whi lives in France, periodically lists Partridge hooks on eBay. I have dealt with him three or four times and have always been satusfied. You might want to drop him an email to see whether he can get the hook you want. I will send you a PM with his email address.

Smolt
Old 06-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Junkyard Spey

Hey Hammer...

I can also vouch for Mr. Jefferies being a great guy to do business with. Take care, MJC
Old 06-06-2004, 07:40 AM

Thumbs up thanks for the info

i did get an e-mail from mustad usa wich owns partridge sooo,well see what shakes out
Old 06-06-2004, 08:13 AM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
Hammer
If you've found a US source for the hooks, I'd like to know.
Bill
Old 06-06-2004, 01:43 PM

dunno

the header of the e-mail from `Mustad-Partridge USA' was the header i sent to Partridge UK,`US needs doubles!'so i'm assuming the UK contact forwarded the message,,,,he wanted my zip soooo,who knows,i'll post as soon as i find out anything i also told the rep. to visit the site here
Old 06-07-2004, 11:09 PM

Double Hooks

I believe River Run Anglers has them. I am sure Aaron can "hook" you up if you order them. Also, a gentlemen named Ron Larson located somewhere in Oregon... loopusa@mcsi.net.

Good luck
Old 06-10-2004, 12:07 PM

Hammer,
I have just bought these hooks from TheTroutFitter.com - see http://www.thetroutfitter.com/catalog.html
Good store with some of these double hooks in stock.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:37 PM

not all are created equal!

surfed their offerings,didn't see what i wanted,i desire a specific hook,like everone else!,,,a quick rundown of why; the r1a or whatever the downeye,bronze hooks are,,, have;sharp enough points for immediate action,unlike the `japanned' or black hooks,wich need a `touch' of dressing,the bronze hooks seem to look more realistic as far as convincing the fish it's edible,,believe me,i've taken several suveys!!!i've found,,the upeye,even though easier to tye on,DOES seem to float up under tension more than TDE's,and,,it seems my winging `style' is complemented by the TDE,or viseverse,,also,,when i tie on the mustad doubles that i have and are so prevelent;i don't like the looks of the damned fly!,i have developed my `own little style' wich is more about the silluette''' first,wich also includes `proportions',color second,these hooks just flat WORK for me,and those i hand them out to,thump,thump!,,,,,,so why can't i have a box of 100 of what i want?,sheese! i'd pay 60 bucks for a box of fly hooks but<<<<<where in the h--- are they?,i'm still waiting for a reply from mustard-peartrdge,guess i'd better get back on-em',dogemdogem dogemhwheheheheehee
Old 06-10-2004, 12:45 PM

Hammer
I found the supplier I've gotten the R1As from is in Scotland, not Ireland. I'll send you a PM. In the meantime, here's the website that will show you the hook.

http://www.partridge-of-redditch.co....LMON/red10.htm

Bill
Old 06-10-2004, 01:01 PM

`Rogue Doubles'

hehe,,that's what a couple `oldtimer's' have called them,i have the Partridge site,as well as the Mustad,just sent them an e-mail,told them the fish were hungry!,,also,another thing i do is,,,look left,,look right,,,nobodies listening,hunker down ,,close now,shhhh,,turn them downside up,add gold beadchain eye's a gold or -------- body,with a -----,and a ,,well,heheheit's a secret pattern style under developement,,,,so,,,, don't tell anyone!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:35 PM

Sprite

Visit that section on this site

http://www.flymakers.freeserve.co.uk/hooksindex.html

you,ll find these very similar to those made in singapore by Partridge but made by some nice guys who are the last British hook makers left in Redditch where once the worlds hooks were made .
there is a bargain bin of partridge hooks there ,well worth a look
Old 06-15-2004, 01:47 PM

Andy
That's where I purchased mine from and left Hammer a PM about. Douglas is a nice, accomodating guy.
Bill
Old 06-17-2004, 07:46 PM

yes

Douglas has been in contact with me,busy week,,and ,i found,,unearthed really a couple boxes of tens from a local shop,,still lusting for the 8's ,,,6's after that,,we'll see thanks all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.