Anyone Know Anything About British Columbia? - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Recent Member

Anyone Know Anything About British Columbia?

Just found out today I'll be heading to BC for some Stream Restoration Classes in Kelowna (about 200 mile East of Vancouver) on Monday.

Anyone have any experience with the area? I'll most likely be flying into Seattle and driving up due to the fact a Plane ticket to Seattle is quite significantly cheaper than to either Vancouver or Kelowna (which apparently has an international Airport).

I'm looking for somewhere to fish on foot in the area (preferably a river or stream) as I'll probably only have a couple of evenings to get out for a couple of hours. Any reccomendations on what kind of hatches or other patterns would be great too. Probably won't have a lot of time to tie between now and Monday, but I'm pretty stocked for the Wisconsin season, and I could probably spend and hour or so whipping out any crucial regional patterns.

I'm kind of flying blind here because of the short notice, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2004, 07:25 PM
BB5 Survivor

check your PM inbox
Old 06-03-2004, 07:37 PM
just say no to bait

Great title for a thread.

That is a tough call. Kelowna is situated on Okanagan lake and there are many municipal parks that you could shore cast for rainbow trout. I don't know if I would call it good fishing but you do have a real chance at catching.

As a rule creeks and streams are closed until July the first.

A short distance outside Kelowna about 25 km there is a nice little lake called Jackpine which holds rainbows to 3 pounds. A car and a boat would be required. If memory serves me correctly there's a lodge that rents boats at Jackpine lk.

Hope that helps N I
Old 06-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Recent Member

Thanks for the help, that's a little disappointing about the streams being closed, but oh well, can't beat the scenery, have to give a couple of the lakes a try.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.