Early Season Success - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Chief of E.P.

Thumbs up Early Season Success

I decided to forego the opening day madness and instead concentrated on hitting the water at first light on day 2. I made my way into the river in the dark being careful to watch for any tripwires or other boobie-traps left by Leland, OC or Sean.

Not twenty minutes into the summer season and fish on! It put up quite a fight and even had the Perfect grinding a little coffee but in the end, thanks to my superior skill and the deadly nature of my big black spey fly, a lovely and relatively large golden native was brought to hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Re: Early Season Success

Quote:
Originally posted by sinktip
a lovely and relatively large golden native was brought to hand.
Carp? Koi?

mmm
Old 06-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Chief of E.P.

MMM,

You say potato, I say Potato. I prefer to just call it a Sucker. :hehe:

'tip
Old 06-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

One person pissing in the river is no big deal. Ten thousand persons pissing in the river - you get the drift. Golden showers of a sort...

You fishing through those new sub-divisions, 'tip? Might explain the color. Lax county enforcement on effluent discharge through faulty drain fields.:hehe:

...may the "Sucker's' stink follow you through the summer.

mmm
Old 06-02-2004, 02:44 PM

Great day for a drive.......

Boy did I take a ride! I drove around to alot of different spots that I like and found most to be a little too high, some to be a little low, and a couple to be just right. Kind of a three bears sort of day. The most fun was in a tiny trib of a large Glacial River catching almost neon colored cutthroats most hardly big enough for the fly and being "Surprized" by that one 12" under that root wad. Like Sinktip I also landed a nice Native in another trib that was just right and it would have been big enough to feed the three bears if they were there.(although this "Native really didn't suck)
Bottom line the gas pump at the local Safeway this morning said the "drive" cost me $40.09. Yeah I know adjusted for inflation "Gas is cheaper than in 1980" I was living in SE Alaska in 1980 everything was costly there so I guess I didn't notice it then. I do now!:eyecrazy:
Old 06-03-2004, 08:43 AM

MMM,

So when are there too many people pissing in the river? Sinktip thinks I set those trip wires to stop people from fishing. They are set so Sean, leland, and Sinktip will stop pissing in the runs I fish.

Thank God for the wanderings of Moonlight! Here we all are banging away at the key board on company time, not you Russ, and Moonlight is out sneaking through the rain forrest doing everything the way it should be done. In 72 I met a guy just like Moonlight as I waded up a trib of a trib of yet another trib of the major river in Laos about 45 miles NE of Ban Hui Sai. Fine fellow that guy was a lot like moonlight. Oh I almost forgot, Sounds like Sinktip is going to turn us on to the most popular fly he ever invented, black spey, since the pink thing what a ya call it advertised last month on this site by someone else.

Best of luck to you all this new season. I really mean that, yep all of you have fun on the rivers even republicans included.
Just watch out for trip wires!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.