Double salmon hooks -silver and beautiful! - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2004, 11:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to salmo636 Send a message via Yahoo to salmo636
Unhappy Double salmon hooks -silver and beautiful!

Hi y'all i am looking to find a salmon hook -double and silver and looks beautiful by al accounts when tied on a fly , i know because i was handed one tied on a size 8 at the weekend. My problem is i can't find anyone in ireland or the world who sells the salar type hooks online or otherwise the hook i am looking for is nothing very special i would want it in sizes 8 -12 but in silver. I have found some simailar in shape but are a brown colour in -shown in the attachment provided -the ken sawada doubles - which are very nice but not silver !! Please help someone, i have many flies just dying to be tied but alas i can;t until i find these hooks. Hope someone can help--many thanks indeed...salmo636
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k-sawada-double-low-water.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	3300  
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2004, 02:16 PM

Sportfish list the Frodin Salar double in both black and silver finish. For some reason Partridge have bucked the trend for selling hooks in even sizes with this range - they come in 3, 5, 7 & 9.

Glasgow Angling Centre have the Ken Sawada double in 4, 6, 8 & 10. They have a 'black nickel' finish - a sort of subtle silvery gleam, but definitely not brown. Of the two, I like the look of these better.

Can't give you web addresses here, but Google should find both shops for you without difficulty. I think either should be able to post to Ireland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2004, 12:40 AM

i have some

with a strait eye,,not tde,tue,i believe 8,s,mine are NOT `low water'=long shank,,,i'm looking for the partridge tde `down eye' bronzed in 8,limerick bend,can you find any your way?,be glad to cover the post!,,have e-mailed partridge twice,,don't have a clue as to what it takes to get a reply from them!,or were to look?,i'll look about here and see what i have as far as quantity
Old 06-04-2004, 01:22 AM

is all i've found so far,have used them for `silver Rogue' as well as another pattern or two,might have more i'll have to look in my travel boxes,i can try and seek out the remains of what the old gentleman HAD,,don't know what brand they are for sure;can't remember!he sold out the shop and moved away,you're more than welcome to them just find me some bronzed 8's!!!!!!'ill ship them straitaway!,postage paid!PM me
Old 06-04-2004, 09:21 PM

breaker 1-niner

any good on your end?-over!
Old 06-10-2004, 04:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to salmo636 Send a message via Yahoo to salmo636
Your partridge hooks

Hi there Hammer sorry about the delay, now on the question of my silver hooks i still haven't gotten my hands on any so any help would be gratefully excepted. On the question of the hooks that you are looking for i have searched but to no avail so far havingh said that i will supply here an e-mail of a guy in scotland who does hooks at a really good price and if anyone can find those hooks for you he will as he seems to know a lot about partrige hooks, i hope this helps - let me know if there is anythin elsew i can do..

his name is Douglas

drop him a mail am tell him declan foley gave you his mail

douglas@flymakers.freeserve.co.uk

all the best
Old 06-10-2004, 10:20 AM

you're welcome to them

the twenty seven that i have.,and one's a 6 i believe,i wasn't keen on them when i originally purchased them,,and i'll be damned if i can remember the name on the box!?,,,a man that works in the tackle trade knew of where the old gents stock went,but he's moved on as well,,just don't know at this time,,the gent had been in business for over thirty years ,so,who knows the origin of the hooks?,,give me your address

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.