Allround fly!! - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Warmwater Gamefish Flies Freshwater Bass, pike, muskie?!?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2004, 03:48 AM

Thumbs up Allround fly!!

evrybody says the allround fly does`nt exist?then try this one!it is one pattern which only wariations are wheigt and size.slooow!!retrive only.imitates shrimp,crab,small fish e.t.c.it`s as simple as this:light grey zonker strip tied as a hackle with gold head,lead wire body or no added wheigt-be carefull not to "overdress"3"rounds on a size8 hook is enough.i have caught anything from cod and flounders in saltwater to pike,perch,steelhead and atlantic salmon on this simple pattern,if i shoud strand on an deserted iland,this would defenetely be my choise of an only fly/bait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 03:33 PM
tubin' for a bruisin'

Send a message via AIM to flyjkol
Thumbs up

I too, love this pattern, but what I do different is I make an extended body out of mylar tubing freyed at the end. Grey and pearl have been my top producers.

ALOT OF WARMWATER FISH ARE SUCKERS FOR SHINY THINGS!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:34 PM

Thumbs up reply to comment

oh yes,i get your drift,but fishing skandinavian waters (denmark-sweden) i have tried different mylar tubing,but with limited succes.maybe because we only have one true warmwater fish,the mullet,that have migratet from the mediterranian in hot summers,and now lives wintertime in the warmwater outlets from power plants and fourage along the coasts in summer. but it is mostly a vegetarian which makes it pretty hard to catch-but what a figter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.