Please Give! National MS Society Mass Getaway Fundraiser - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Here fishy fishy

Please Give! National MS Society Mass Getaway Fundraiser

Iím fishing for donations.

This June 26th-27th Iíll be joining hundreds of other like-minded bicyclists in the National MS Societyís Great Mass Getaway to raise funds to fight Multiple Sclerosis. We will ride 175 miles from Quincy to Provincetown, MA. Thatís pretty much the easy part.

Iím asking everyone else to help with the hard part: raising money. Last yearís MA ride alone raised over $2M to fight MS. This year, we are looking to better that amount.

While MS does not usually make the headlines like AIDS or Cancer its destruction can be equally devastating. The National MS Society is dedicated to eradicating this terrible disease and they need our help. I like to ask that you consider donating to this terrific cause.

To make it as simple as possible, you can donate online via the National MS Societyís secure site (http://www.nationalmssociety.org/MAM...e_search_1.asp ). Alternatively, if you would like to donate via check, you can contact me via private email message and I can get a SASE out to you immediately.

I realize you are all pressed by so many worthy causes so any and all amounts are tremendously appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Tod Dillon
Duxbury, MA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2004, 06:30 PM

Good job Todd...

Kudos I see the effects of this devastating disease all to often, anything that can be done to help those afflicted and to prevent others from falling prey to its ravages is worthwhile.
I hope the sun warms you on your ride with a gentle breeze at your back "Good Luck"
Old 05-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Tod -

What is the team name?

thanks
Old 05-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Here fishy fishy

Juro

It's Team Nail. My good friend is a co-partner of a small ad firm in Providence - Nail Communications - and he's been doing this ride and the Pan Mass Challenge for years.

There's five of us this year riding under the "Nail" banner - or shirts as it were.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to IronMike Send a message via Yahoo to IronMike
I know a few fellow PMC'ers who are doing this ride as well! WAY TO GO TODD!
Old 06-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Here fishy fishy

Mike - I've been following your exploits. Kudos to you too! ... and thanks for the support!

Nice bike by the way! It's a Seven, right? Can't say I'm not envious. I'm just a lemond-riding schlep; my buddies for the MS ride are all on colnago master lights w/ custom frames. I need to stay 5 yards away from them when we ride...

For anyone else interested in donating... less than 2 weeks to go and every little bit helps!!!

Tod
Old 06-15-2004, 11:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to IronMike Send a message via Yahoo to IronMike
Tod, LOL! Appreciate the kudo's...riding in the PMC was a "no brainer" for me as you know.

I only got the Seven because I have short legs - think "George Costanza". At least that's what my wife thinks... . In fact, I was going to get a Lemond if not the Seven - really liked the Tete de Course - what a ride!

I was encouraged to do this ride by some buddies, but it's the same weekend as the Wildwood Challenge (Kid's PMC) that Sam (and his sister) is in - so I need to be there for them. Next year! Riding for MS is a great thing!

Everyone please consider supporting Tod's RIDE!

Wind at your back buddy...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.