greetings from Nebraska - Fly Fishing Forum
Member Profiles Introduce yourself!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2004, 09:44 PM
tubin' for a bruisin'

Send a message via AIM to flyjkol
greetings from Nebraska

I am a former spinning rod/baitcaster fisherman, who ,in my weaker moments, go back to those fishing roots. I had to beg for 3 years straight for my dad to buy me a flyrod, "I don't think we need a new expensive hobby like that" he always said Ironicly when we finally did start up fly fishing he ended up buying all the expensive equiptment while I still have the two set-ups I bought for $20.Those are still me go-to rods. I wouldn't be the first person to admit that I am a relatively poor fly caster, but the fish seem to be far less discriminating towards my fly casts than I am. Also for my fly tying skills, I don't claim superiority to anyone. I am not a big fan of tying standard fly patterns, and I specialize in creative fly tying, namely crayfish and moth patterns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2004, 09:32 AM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
Greetings from the PharSide...

...of the canal! (CapeCod, MA)

'Sounds as if you've got a good thing going...
The more involved you get with casting/tying and long rod zen, the more involved you get!
I still have and use spinning stuff but there's no passion.
The creative tying aspects allow winter diversion and the results help complete the FF circle.
I'm hooked and, I suspect, so are you!
Keepupthegoodwork!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2004, 01:22 PM

Aaah Omaha have been there a number of times on business. Some trout fishing in NW corner of state as the Nebraskans tell me ?

Int
Old 04-25-2004, 10:09 PM
tubin' for a bruisin'

Send a message via AIM to flyjkol
Intercepter, you're probably refering to the Pine Ridge area. There are a limited few trout streams there, but due to the heavy agruculture use the water is very turbid and the fish sometimes suffer a winter-kill. I believe the trout there are browns only. I've never been there so I don't know the details. I've also heard some reports of good trout coming into the tributaries of lake Macaughnahey, but as the lake is reaching record lows, I doubt that the trout runs are that substancial. There is one creek north of Omaha several hours thats stocked, also never been there. That is pretty much Nebraska's trout fishery, unless there are some in the Missouri River around Gavins Point Dam, don't know till I try this summer.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:02 PM

Yes thats it, thought it was better than that. Iowa has a lot of trout streams inthe NE corner. Head to the SD - Black Hills for some trout streams and lakes. Head to Arkansas its real good down there !.

Int

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.