Fly Fishing Forum banner

Spring Clave Planning?

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Sean called, he's on the "Far Side"! Sounded psyched to be on the cape. I am sure his casting arm is twitchin'

Those staying Thursday night should make reservations on their own and mention the FORUM for the discount rate.

Fishing on Friday will be ad hoc but if you are at the hotel Thursday night a plan of attack will be discussed for Friday.

Friday night barbeque will be either at the hotel or at the corner of Sam Ryder Rd. and Schoolhouse Pond Rd in Chatham. Two adjacent yards are being rented by attendees and there will be some dueling grill (and possibly blender) action. Final location will be given after a conversation with hotel mgmt.

Saturday morning fishing will be discussed on Friday night.

If you are staying Saturday night, same as Thursday - mention the outing for a discount.

I need to head back Sat as does Sean. Several are staying for Sun fishing per the sign up.

If you would like some guidance on where to go, show up the previous night at the hotel.

Any thoughts on last minute stuff?

See less See more
#2 ·
Juro, my plan is to arrive at the cookout about 8:30pm (leaving Boston at 7)... But I want to have anyone who wants back at CAC after dinner, I have a box of cigars too. When the location for dinner is finalized, please post, since I will drive directly to the cookout from Boston. Jimmy will already be on the Cape and Roop will meet me at the dinner as well. Thanks.

#3 ·
I'll be down thursday night and will have room in Dennis for anyone seeking shelter. I'm assuming Friday group fishing would center around South Beach and the refuge. I'm looking forward to walkin off some winter fat. Sounds like striblue won't be around for friday fishing which is disapointing. Saturday I've got an itch to scratch up inside a bayside creek early then fish the flats on the drop.

#4 ·
I just got word that the case I was schedule to sit on as an Admin. Judge, has been settle....so I will be at CAC by Mid-day on Friday and will be on time for dinner. I may even get there early and head over to South Beach.... Does anyone know if Keith is running on Friday?

#9 ·
Just received word from Matt at Stone Horse - he's set aside rooms based on the signups. Please contact him directly and mention the Forum Spring Clave for the discount.

He also mentioned that the cookout is no problem, grills provided. If you have folding tables and/or chairs please bring them along. We can set up tying stations on the tables after dinner, or retire to the CAC or our cottages on Schoolhouse Pond for more tying and/or planning for Saturday's antics.

Friday Dinner will be at the Stone Horse Motel, rte 28 on the Harwich / Chatham line. We'll start appetizers around 6pm, main courses around 6:30. Tying and BS sessions until a reasonable time to hit the rack for next day fishing, possible CAC tour.

Ask at the office if it's not obvious where we are located on their grounds.

We should plan on eating around 6pm. This will give us enough time to get off the last shuttle and prepare everything. The meal should run about 15-20 each, maybe less (we'll see what the grocery bill is).

Bring appetizers and desserts if desired. The main entree will be served by the cook team.

We could use a few volunteers for the dinner squad. Paper plates, no washing but we need people to skewer kabobs and tend to the grills. Just reply here.

Please bring a favorite fly for the webmaster as a way of saying thanks for all he's done over the last few years for the forum.

#11 ·
It sounds as if Friday is a Fish if you can kind of day. I hope to check in at the motel and head to the inside of So. Beach. I'll be with my brother. FishHawk and his buddy are planning to be around as well as Striblue. If you need more info ask and I or someone can give you more.

#13 ·
I'm IN!
Fishing Friday - cheering for my daughters softball team Saturday morning so I won't be staying over.

I'll be bringing the boat, Tod D is going to be on board with me.

Are there any good ramps in pleasant bay? Is that little boat ramp in chatham still open? I remember reading that they were not going to allow parking on the side of the road. I could fish the south side and B-bay but would like to be near the Stone horse at the end of the day.

I don't think Tod will make dinner but I'd like to. Is there room at the hotel to park the rig?

What do the other boaters have in mind for Friday, we should keep in touch on the vhf.

From the reports I've read, the shore crowd may have the advantage, big fish in the estuaries.

#14 ·
I kicked Murphy in the teeth, his law won't be invoked (knock on wood). After several weeks of sanding, painting, wrastling furnuture and movin daughter, I've got six pack abs under a layer of winter fat. Now I'm ready to wrastle strippers. I've got room in Dennis Thursday and Friday night if needed.

#16 ·
JimW -

I see boats at the hotel often, so I know they have some room for them. Also nearby we have some boat parking for any additional rigs in a safe neighborhood where the Rip Ryder parks their boats.

Just show up and we'll figure it out.

Ryder Cove in Pleasant Bay is still open, Oyster River in Stage Hbr, and Saquetucket is the best bet for southside.

My earlier thursday night plans have been SNAFU'ed so I have to run down Friday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.