Rhody Icebreaker III Pics - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Pencil me in.....

Rhody Icebreaker III Pics

Here is Capt. Ray at dawn trying to break the Ice!
Pic below I hope
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Pencil me in.....

Pic of Capt. Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ray_dawn_sm.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	3177  
Old 04-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Pencil me in.....

Capt. Ray with a fish on
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ray_on 3.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	3178  
Old 04-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Pencil me in.....

Some of the hardy group just before breakfast
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	break_5.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	3179  
Old 04-25-2004, 04:33 PM

Omega Pond

JFBasser, Boy you got those pictures on fast! Capt. Ray, and myself showed the guys that was left where the herring run is at Omega Pond. The tide, in my opinion was wrong, but we did see a showing of herring coming into the outflow at the foot of the dam( see picture of the area). We fished it for maybe a half hour without a fish.
I got home and read the paper. Tom Meade in his column in the Providence Sunday Journal said the following, In Omega Pond there was a 9.9 lb largemouth bass taken, on the brackish side, below the falls, someone took a 30-pound striper live-lining herring below the falls. You can't prove it by me, but the fish appear to be there. How long this area remains fishable is questionable as they have just fixed-up the railroad bridge, tore down the steel mill. It is my understanding they are in the proccess of building waterfront condos. Too Bad.
When I drove by the Seekonk River Capt. Ray and a few others were statring to fish there again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	omegap.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	3180  
Old 04-25-2004, 06:32 PM
CantAnchorUs

Hey I tought it went pretty well with most people getting fish and a bunch off fish caught. The only problem with the river is that it is very tide specific, you only have that 4 hr period every 12 when you can get to the fish.
JF proved that fish can be taken on a floating line and Rays Flies and I`ve got the photographic proof, but can`t put up pics at moment.
Steve
Old 04-25-2004, 07:56 PM

With the air temperatures in the low 30"s this AM I'm surprised the fish were as active as they were. I ended up trying the Cole river in the afternoon and found nothing doing so with sme time still left till low tide I went back to the Seekonk and managed another 7 mostly small fresh fish and one really ugly looking holdover about 22". The wind switch made it easier to fish, but as the tide turned to incoming the fish seemed to peter out, even in the "hole". Ron
Old 04-25-2004, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jfbasser
Some of the hardy group just before breakfast
Hardy ????? I don't see any snow, I don't see any ice, and the trees aren't bent over. Looks like a typical Buffalo summer day to me. Hardy ??? :-)
Old 04-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Secret:Time on the water

Well I was foiled once again with plans to fish. My wife had to work so I had to stick around home to keep an eye on my youngest sister who has Downs Symdrome and is our responsibility now. I did manage to get out for a couple of hours on the Housie before the wife had to leave for work and caught a bunch of small fiesty schoolies. Man was it cold, I did not dress appropriately for the cold wind this morning and almost gave up and went home due to being frozen. But I toughed it out as I only have one day a week to really fish. Nice morning but I can't wait for the warmer weather to finally take hold. Great pics guy's and it sounds like fun was had by all. I will make it to one of the get togethers this year come hell or high tide..........Promise!

Mike M.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:19 AM

The Fly Fish Forum "Rhody IceBreaker" is officially in the books. All and all a very successful morning. About a dozen schoolies were caught and released. Most on Clousers flies, but JohnFB took a few on flatwings too.

Morning was brisk and balmy but it didn't interfer with the bite. Most importantly like Steve said, "The river is very tide specific, you only have that 4 hr period every 12 when you can get to the fish." The tide was already low at sunrise which gave us only a two hour window of low water.

We all had a great time renewing some friendships, and starting new ones. We are indeed a colorful bunch of individuals. We have more stories than Mother Goose. Thanks Steve for bringing the java. It warmed our hearts and fingers too when needed the most. It was a pleasure to jump start the season. A few caught their first bass of the early season.

Steve (Slinger) DeNofa, Pete Frykman, John Furze, Dave Kopij,
Ron Lomas, Tim St. Laurent, and Art Burton all were there. Others wish they could have come. I know striper Mike was itching, but we thought about you and your family duties. Some of the guys came from distant places while others were near. As the seasons progresses we will find our familiar and comfortable holes. But for one day it was nice sharing some quality time together. Till next year when our lines hit the water again. Thanks!!

Ray
Old 04-26-2004, 01:56 PM

Very well put Ray. It was great to be on the water again. Terrific job organizing and great to meet all the guys that attended.

Thanks again,
Dave
Old 04-26-2004, 08:59 PM

It was lots of fun meeting up with some great guys I haven't had the pleasure of fishing with for a while, and finally meeting up with some I've only met on the 'net. Thanks for getting us together Ray!

Tim

Dave17-I'll drop you those directions soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.