Provo Report - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2004, 04:09 PM

Provo Report

Provo and the streams around are really hot. The BWO hatch is really good right now. Caught 7 yesterday largest was 21" but most where in the 14-16" range
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2004, 08:16 AM

Nate,

Have you heard anything about the Green? We are heading there for 4 days this weekend. I heard the Beatis are not hatching yet but that the midges are thick.

Thanks
Brad
Old 04-22-2004, 11:54 AM

Their are some BWO comming off but not really consistantly but that could chage with some good weather. The midges are hatching well though but I would bring both, particularly emergers BWO. They seem to work before the hatches really get going.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:15 PM

Nate,

Are you still around? We are headed to Salt Lake City mid June. I heard the flows may be jacked pretty high. If you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not asking for any secret spots, I'm just not familar with the area. PM would work.

Thanks
Old 06-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Resident Fisherman

Exclamation

Brad,

When are you coming? Have you been here yet? Here is a place that I go regularly. I usually go to the Provo River through Provo Canyon. I go past Deer Creek Resevoir. I go past the town of Heber, and when you are leaving Heber and you think you are leaving the town there is one more stoplight. Turn left at the stoplight. You will then see a sign of a fish pointing to the left. Follow the dirt road and you will find a parking lot with a pit tolet. Get out there and have a blast. THere is a BWO hatch coming on right now, but wolly buggers 6 or an 8 or a 14 - 18 Lil' Brassie is what I have been using. The color is starting to clear up. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.