Fly Fishing Forum banner

Crab and Flounder from yesterday.

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Here are some pics of the Crab Apple and some Flounders I tied yesterday. The crab has a chest Pheasant feather instead of the neck feather for the carapace and the front has a slight overhang of blue tinged points. The Flounders have the Micro Fleck turkey feathers instead of what I have been using in the past which was the mallard flank. One is creme the other tan.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Crab and F;ounder from yesterday

John,

Beautiful work, as always.

I am interested in trying some of these flounder, as they are a significant presence in the bays along the Jersey coast. Where do you get the micro-fleck turkey feathers?

Best regards,

-Doc

#4 ·
Doc... I got mine at The Marleboro show and then got some at the Complete Angler in Conn. They are for freshwater tying and are really incredible for this fly. Currently, I have no relable source...but have enough for a while.. I will speak with both First Light anglers and Fishing The cape to see if they can order some for me and if they will carry it at their shops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.